The Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth cube speaker has a rudimentary battery level indicator LED on the lower back edge, as shown in the following pictures. This displays battery status. E.g. Whether it’s draining or charging, or whether it’s critically low or not when discharging. But it neither reads out charging progress, or how full the battery is at a given time while charging or draining. But it does blink orange when the battery hits a near-dead state. In this post, we describe how to read the battery indicator lamp on the X11.
How to Read the Sony SRS X11 Battery Indicator Light
1. The Lamp is OFF
The battery lamp is dark in the following situations:
- When you power down the X11 with no charger connected.
- When the charger IS connected but the battery finished charging to full, as shown next.
- And finally, this light is OFF when the speaker itself is powered ON, but the battery is fuller than critically low. The lamp is dark as long as the battery does not yet need charging in this case.
2. The Sony SRS X11 Battery Indicator Blinks Orange
With the charger disconnected, the X11 powered ON, and the battery having very little energy left, this light starts flashing orange. This means that the speaker will soon power off due to a dead battery and that you should put it on the charge soon.
3. Sony SRS X11 Battery Level Indicator Doubles as a Charging Light
This lamp also lights up solid orange (no flashing) as the X11 charges, as shown in the next picture. On this speaker, the light glowing is the only visual means of knowing that recharging is occurring. But it does not display how far along the recharging is.
Also note that this light should never blink on and off during recharging. If it does, then either your charger is not operating well, your USB cable is bad, or some problems exists inside the speaker.
4. When the Light Goes Dark While Charging, Then Charging is Done
As speaker charging continues, the light keeps glowing, But eventually, battery recharging finishes, and the lamp goes out to show this. It turns off when the speaker is not ON, and stays OFF when the X11 is ON.
5. The Sony SRS X11 Battery Indicator Is Not a Charge Remaining Meter
When unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. Well sort of. If it is dark when the speaker is ON, then the battery has some amount of play time left, although you cannot tell how much.
Related Posts to Sony SRS X11 Battery Indicator Lamp
- How to Read the Sony SRS XB13 Battery Indicator Lamp
- Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Light, How to Read
- Wonderboom 2 Battery Indicator
- How to Read the JBL Clip 3 Battery Indicator
- How to Read JBL Charge 3 Battery Indicator Light
Other Posts About the Sony SRS X11 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS X11 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Connect Sony SRS X11 to iPhone
- Sony SRS X11 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS X11 is Charging
- Putting the X11 into Pairing Mode
References for Sony SRS X11 Battery Level Indicator
- 2021-10-13: First published.