Gives here the Sony SRS XB01 Bluetooth speaker hard reset instructions, to return the unit to its default settings. Hard resetting this speaker restores it to default out-of-box state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired BT devices from memory. Clearing these halts this speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might hard reset this speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to link with.
Sony SRS XB01 Hard Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn ON the XB01
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find this pushbutton as shown in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as we see next. This light we find on upper left corner of the front grill.
The speaker could make a ding-dong beep sound when it powers up, if it links with a nearby Bluetooth device. But should it not connect, then it makes no sound whatsoever when booting. But whether it syncs or not, this hard reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN , Volume UP, and Power Buttons at the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. All three of them we find on the top of the speaker, as the next picture shows.
The XB01 then enters hard reset mode after a a couple seconds delay.
Then the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on this speaker, there is no power-down sound. You may release the buttons at this point.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB01 Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the XB01 again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after a hard reset, this speaker comes up in pairing mode. The Status lamp blinks blue rapidly to tell you this. This is a signal for you to check for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and sync to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB01 Hard Reset !
The hard reset is now complete. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Note that after a hard reset, the speaker no longer automatically syncs with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore this auto pairing, you manually pair the XB01 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re in range of each other, pairing automatically occurs once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB01 Hard Reset
- Sony SRS XB20 Hard Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB21 Hard Resetting Instructions
- SRS XB22 Sony Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB23 Wireless Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- The SRS XB31 Bluetooth Speaker, Hard Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB01 Personal Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB01 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB01 Button Functions Explained
- The XB01 How to Tell it’s Charging
- How to Put This Speaker in Pairing Mode
- How to Turn Off the XB01 Speaker
References for Sony SRS XB01 Hard Reset
- 2021-10-05: First published.