We give instructions for pairing your Sony SRS XB10 speaker with a Google Assistant speaker, to allow you to play music from that smart speaker through the XB10.
This process works with the original Google Home and Google Home Max speakers as well.
Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
1. Connect All Devices to the Internet
Make sure to put both your tablet and Google Home speaker online. E.g. Connect them to the internet.
2. Next, on the Tablet, Run the Google Home App
On our iPad, this app appears on the third home page, as pictured next.
The Google Home app home screen then displays, as pictured next.
3. Then, Tap the Speaker you Want to Pair with the XB10
In this demo we’ll be pairing the SRS XB10 with a Google Mini Black smart speaker, which we pointed out in the last picture with a blue arrow.
Touching that speaker entry brings up its control page, as shown next.
4. Next, Tap the Settings Item
Find Settings gear button on the screen displayed in the last picture, pointed at by the blue arrow.
Tapping the Settings gear icon brings up the Device Settings screen for your Google Home speaker device. This looks as displayed on the previous screen.
Note that once this screen came up, we scrolled down to the Device Settings section on this screen to find the Default Speaker option, as pointed out by the blue arrow in the next picture.
5. Next, Tap the Default Speaker Item
Tapping Default Speaker brings up the Choose a default speaker for music and audio screen, as shown next. This lets you choose what speaker the Google Home smart speaker we picked in step 4 above, will play through, by default. On this screen, you choose other devices or device groups you have set up previously. Or, you can choose to pair your smart speaker with a Bluetooth speaker, which is what we’re going to do here.
6. Put your Sony SRS XB10 into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Turn on the XB10, bring it close to the Google Home smart speaker you’re pairing with, and initiate pairing mode on the XB10. See our post on How to Put Sony SRS XB10 in Pairing Mode for details. Your SRS XB10 will not show up in the next step until you place it in pairing mode.
7. Then Tap the Pair Bluetooth Speaker Item
See this item pointed at by the blue arrow, in the last picture.
The Pair your Bluetooth speaker screen then appears as shown next.
Here, we can choose a Bluetooth device from a list of previously paired devices. In this demo though, there are no previously paired Bluetooth devices. But notice that the system did find our Sony SRS XB10, and listed it as shown in the last picture.
8. Tap the Found Bluetooth Speaker in the List
When you touch the listed speaker you want to pair, a blue ball with a check mark inside appears, as shown next.
9. Then Tap the Blue Done Button
When you touch Done, the system takes you back to the Choose a default speaker for music and audio page. But notice, as shown in the next picture, that the default speaker for your Google smart speaker is now the Sony SRS XB10.
10. Done with Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions !
Your XB10 is now paired with your Google Home smart speaker assistant so that now, you will hear anything you play on the smart speaker, come through the XB10. Note though, that your smart speaker still hears and speaks to you through its internal speaker, not the paired Bluetooth speaker.
The speakers remain paired until you move them out of range of one another, or turn off the XB10.
You may now exit the Google Home app, or navigate to other pages in it to perform other settings updates as you so desire.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Extra Bass Speaker
- Sony SRS XB10 Specs, Speaker Features, Price
- SRS XB10 Sony Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB10 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB10 Battery Life, How to Check Battery Level
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions
- Logitech Wonderboom Speaker Pairing Instructions
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Go 2 Pairing Instructions
- Xtreme 2 Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions
- 2020-08-25: First published.