Here we give reset instructions for the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth speaker, to restore its default settings. Resetting returns the XB10 to factory default state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these with a reset stops this unit from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might reset this speaker to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB10 Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong beep sound when it powers up, should it pair to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound if it does not pair with anything. Whether paired or not, this reset to factory default state routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN and Power Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. Both of them are located near the bottom of the speaker, as called out in the next picture.
The XB10 then enters factory hard reset.
After a very short pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on this speaker, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB10 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the XB 10 again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after a factory default reset, this speaker comes up in pairing mode. The Power lamp blinks rapidly to let you know this. This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB10 Reset Instructions !
The reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After the reset, as mentioned earlier, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore automatic connecting, you manually pair the XB10 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB10 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB10 Reset Instructions
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Reset WiFi on Netgear WNCE2001 Internet Adapter
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for Sony SRS XB10 Reset Instructions
- 2020-12-12: First published.