Here, we list Sony SRS XB12 Extra Bass speaker specifications. Firstly, these specifications cover the unit’s length, width, weight, battery recharge time, output power, and music play time per charge. We also include the frequency response, driver size, and Bluetooth support details et al.
Secondly, it’s clear from the published specifications, that the Sony SRS XB12 released in August of 2019, sounds awfully good for as small as it is. E.g. It plays loud enough for smaller parties and gatherings on patios, swimming pools, et al, with its seven watts RMS of mono audio power. Moreover, the passive radiator gives more bass than models of like size.
Plus, even at loudest volume, the lithium ion battery can last up to sixteen (16) hours per recharge. Indeed, the specifications certainly do not misinform as to the great features Sony put into this IP67 water resistant Bluetooth speaker.
Sony SRS XB12 Specifications: Detailed
- Height: 3.6 inches.
- Diameter: 3 inches.
- Weight: 244 grams, or 8.6 ounces.
- Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range: 2.4 Ghz.
- The Bluetooth version: 4.2.
- Supported Codecs: AAC and SBC.
- Audio Frequency Transmission Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz.
- Sampling Frequency: 44,100 Hz.
- Profiles suppoorted: A2DP / AVRCP / HFP / HSP.
- Music playing time: Up to 16 hours (varies by volume setting, temperature, and program content).
- Transducer: 46 mm or 1.8 inches.
- IPX67 waterproof.
- The battery charge time: 4.5 hours.
- AC Adapter (suggested specifications): USB 5 volts, 0.5 amp, 2.5 watts out.
- Extra Bass technology.
- Speaker Type: Full Range, Mono.
- Wireless Connection: NFC and Hands Free.
- Plus, the unit has a high quality electret condenser microphone.
- AUX audio input, 3.5mm stereo jack.
- In addition, there’s a bass passive radiator on bottom.
- The unit also features mono sound.
- Audio Output Power: 7 Watts (suspected).
- Furthermore, this speaker is waterproof and dust proof, with an IP67 case design.
- Long lasting metal grill.
- Charging via the included micro USB cable.
- Speakerphone function.
- Needs no app to access all its features.
- Lastly, there is a detachable strap on the speaker.
Additionally, this particular Extra Bass speaker you can get in 5 different standard colors that we know of. For example, it comes in red, green, blue, gray, and black.
Finally, you can find the XB12 these days new, for between $29.99 on $49.99. The average price appears to be $39.99 US. Also, you can find the XB12 used for a somewhat lower cost.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB12 Specifications
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12
References for Sony SRS XB12 Specifications
- 2023-03-05: First released.