Here, we list Sony SRS XB20 Extra Bass speaker specs. Firstly, these specifications cover the unit’s length, width, weight, battery recharge time, output power, and music play time per charge. We also include the frequency response, driver size, Bluetooth support details et al.
Secondly, it’s clear from the published specs, that the Sony SRS XB20 released in February of 2017, sounds pretty good for as small as it is. E.g. It plays loud enough for small parties on patios, swimming pools, et al, with its approximately ten (10) watts RMS of audio power.
Plus, even at loudest volume, the lithium ion battery can last up to twelve (12) hours per recharge. Indeed, the specs certainly do not misinform as to the great features Sony put into this IPX5 water resistant Bluetooth speaker.
The Sony SRS XB20 Extra Bass Speaker Specs
- Firstly, the speaker height: 2.75 inches.
- Width: 7.875 inches.
- Depth: 2.75 inches.
- Weight: 590 grams, or 21 ounces.
- Additionally, the Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range: 2.4 Ghz.
- Max Communications Range: 10 M. or 30 Ft.
- The Bluetooth version: 4.2.
- Modulation method: FHSS.
- Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC, and LDAC.
- Audio Frequency Transmission Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz.
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 7,000 Hz.
- Sampling Frequency: 44,100 Hz.
- Profiles supported: A2DP / AVRCP / HFP / HSP.
- Music playing time: Up to 12 hours (varies by volume setting, temperature, and program content).
- Transducer: 42 mm or 1.66 inches X 2.
- Audio Output Power (RMS): 5 watts per channel. *
- IPX5 waterproof.
- Recommended charger: 5 volts @ 1.5 amps, micro USB.
- The battery charge time: 4.0 hours.
- Lastly, the AC Adapter (suggested specs): USB 5 volts, 1.5 amp, 7.5 watts out.
* = Estimated.
Extra Bass XB20 Features
- Extra Bass technology.
- Next, the speaker type is: Full Range, Stereo.
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth.
- Plus, the unit has a high quality electret condenser microphone.
- This speaker is water and dust resistant.
- Furthermore, this unit has a long lasting metal grill.
- Charging is done via the included micro USB cable.
- Also, there is a speakerphone function.
- Needs no app to access all its features.
- Lastly, there is a detachable strap on the speaker.
Sony SRS XB20 Colors
Additionally, this particular Sony speaker you can get in 4 different standard colors that we know of. It comes in
Sony SRS XB20 Price
Finally, as of this writing, you can find the XB20 for between $53.00 (used) and $100.00 (new). The average price appears to be $70.00 US.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB20 Specs
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB20 Extra Bass Portable Speaker
References for Sony SRS XB20 Specs
- 2023-01-15: First released.