We give Sony SRS XB21 factory reset instructions to return this Extra Bass wireless speaker to its factory default settings. Factory resetting restores this version of the XB series speaker to fresh-out-of-the-box state. Plus, doing this erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Then this clearing stops the XB21 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Further, you might factory reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB21 Speaker Factory Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, should it link to a nearby device. Or it may make no noise if it does not do so. But whether the unit pairs or not, this factory reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB21 then enters factory reset mode.
Then after a mini pause, the unit powers OFF, and the Power lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB21, there is no shutdown sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB21 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, switch ON the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after factory reset, the XB21 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp flashes rapidly to let you know this.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB21 Factory Reset !
The factory reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB21 no longer automatically syncs with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto linking, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth activated, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB21 Factory Reset
- Sony SRS XB22 Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB23 Factory Reset Instructions
- XB31 SRS Sony Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony XB32 SRS Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- XB33 Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB21 Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB21 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB21 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off the XB21 Bluetooth Speaker
- Telling if This Speaker is Charging
- How to Put the XB21 SRS Speaker in Pairing Mode
References for Sony SRS XB21 Factory Reset
- 2021-10-05: First published.