We give Sony SRS XB21 reset instructions here, to return this small wireless speaker to its factory default settings. Resetting restores this model of the XB series Bluetooth speaker to fresh-out-of-the-box state. Plus, doing this erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Then this clearing stops the XB21 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Further, you might reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB21 Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, should it join to a nearby device. Or it may make no noise if it does not do so. But whether the unit pairs or not, this hard reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB21 then enters reset mode.
Then after a mini pause, the unit turns OFF, and the Power lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB21, there is no shutdown sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB21 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power up the unit again, as explained in step 1 above.
Note that after resetting, the XB21 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp blinks quickly to let you know this.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby source Bluetooth device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB21 Reset Instructions !
The reset is now finished. So you may sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After reset, the XB21 no longer auto syncs with any prior paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto linking, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth activated, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB21 Reset
- Sony SRS XB20 Reset Instructions
- Reset Instructions for the Sony SRS XB01 Speaker
- Sony Cube Speaker Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS X11 Reset Instructions
- JBL Pulse 3 Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB21 Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB21 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB21 Speaker
- How to Check Sony SRS XB21 Battery Life
- Reading the Sony SRS XB21 Battery Indicator
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB21 to iPhone
References for Sony SRS XB21 Reset Instructions
- 2022-07-14: First published.