Here, we list Sony SRS XB30 Extra Bass speaker specifications. Firstly, these data cover the unit’s length, width, weight, battery recharge time, output power, and music play time per charge. We also include the frequency response, driver size, Bluetooth support details et al.
Secondly, it’s clear from the published specifications, that the Sony SRS XB30 released in February of 2017, sounds pretty good for as small as it is. E.g. It plays loud enough for small parties on patios, swimming pools, et al, with its approximately ten (10) watts RMS of total audio power.
Plus, even at loudest volume, the lithium ion battery can last up to twenty-four (24) hours per recharge. Indeed, the specifications certainly do not misinform as to the great features Sony put into this IPX5 water resistant Bluetooth speaker.
Sony SRS XB30 Specifications
- Firstly, the speaker height: 82 mm or 3.25 inches.
- Width: 228 mm or 9.0 inches.
- Depth: 86 mm or 3.5 inches.
- Weight: 980 grams, or 19 ounces.
- Additionally, the Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range: 2.4 Ghz.
- Max Communications Range: 10 M. or 30 Ft.
- The Bluetooth version: 4.2.
- Modulation method: FHSS.
- Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC, and LDAC.
- Audio Frequency Transmission Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz.
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 7,000 Hz.
- Sampling Frequency: 44,100 Hz.
- Profiles supported: A2DP / AVRCP / HFP / HSP / SPP.
- Music playing time: Up to 24 hours (varies by volume setting, temperature, and program content).
- Transducer: 48 mm or 1.94 inches in diameter, X 2.
- Audio Output Power (RMS): 5 watts per channel. *
- IPX5 waterproof.
- Recommended charger: 5 volts @ 3 amps, 15 watts, barrel style connector.
- The battery charge time: 4.0 hours.
- Lastly, the AC Adapter (suggested specifications): USB 5 volts, 1.5 amp, 7.5 watts out.
* = Estimated.
SRS XB30 Features
- Extra Bass technology.
- Audio input port.
- Next, the speaker type is: Full Range, Stereo.
- Wireless Connection: NFC and Bluetooth.
- Plus, the unit has a high quality electret condenser microphone for the speakerphone function.
- Furthermore, there’s a power bank function for charging phone from speaker.
- Multi-color party LED lights.
- This speaker is water and dust resistant.
- Additionally, this unit has a long lasting metal grill.
- Charging is done via the included AC adapter.
- Standby function.
- You also get voice guidance prompts.
- Needs no app to access all its features.
- Wireless Party Chain (WPC) function for joining up to ten of these speaker together for better sound coverage.
- Lastly, there is a detachable strap on the speaker.
SRS XB30 Colors
Additionally, this particular Sony speaker you can get in 3 different standard colors that we know of. It comes in
SRS XB30 Price
Finally, as of this writing, you can find the XB30 for between $60.00 and $140.00. The average price appears to be $99.00 US.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB30 Specifications
Other Sony SRS XB30 Posts
References for Sony SRS XB30 Specifications
- 2023-02-26: First released.