This piece gives Sony SRS XB32 speaker charging instructions. Recharge this speaker easily through the micro USB DC power input port, behind the water resistant door in the rear of the unit, shown in the pictures below. Note that you can still play your XB32 while charging, without upping the recharge time very much, especially if you are using a full-current USB charger.
Sony SRS XB32 Charging Instructions Summary
First, the unit comes with a suitable USB-A to micro USB charger cord. But you must provide a strong enough USB power supply with a USB-A female connector, to plug that wire into. This particular speaker requires about 7.5 watts (5 volts at 1.5 amps max). Any full-current USB 2.0 adapter should work well in this application.
At any rate, once you choose the charger you will use, plug it into a working AC outlet.
Then after five hours, your XB32 finishes charging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to twenty-four (24) hours before needing another jolt.
Sony SRS XB32 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
1. Choose Properly Sized AC or Car Adapter
The charging adapter you use should offer 5 volts and at least 1.5 amps (7.5 watts). Here, we use the Key Power model HDD15-3-PD USB power delivery system along with a thick-enough USB supply cable.
2. Open the Port Cap Door
Use a fingernail, dime, penny, or small screwdriver to pry open the waterproof seal port cover on the XB32.
See the opened power port compartment in the next picture. Take care not to scratch the delicate seal around the inside edge of this door.
Prying open this door exposes the USB charging port inside, as shown in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Power OFF the Speaker to Continue with Sony SRS XB32 Charging Instructions
Note that the SRSXB32 still charges when powered ON. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging amperage your charger delivers, the speaker might charge somewhat faster when not running. It will definitely charge more quickly when you’re not playing it at louder volumes.
4. Plug the USB Cord into the XB32
Then, plug the matching end of your charging cable into the DC input micro USB port on the speaker, as we see in the next shot.
Warning: Only use the micro USB port for charging the speaker. Do not use the USB-A port near the left side in the port compartment. The larger connector is for DC output only, for power bank purposes. So, feeding external power into THIS port will not only fail to recharge the XB32 battery. But it could also damage the electronics inside the speaker.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cable into your Charger Adapter
If the supply you use has a removable wire, then be sure to connect the matching end of the USB power cable to the AC or car adapter you have.
6. Plug the USB Adapter into a Working Wall Receptacle to Continue with Sony SRS XB32 Charging Instructions
Now that we connected the XB32 and our adapter, we then plugged the mains end of the supply box into a working AC outlet, as shown next. We plugged ours into a surge protecting power strip.
The CHARGE lamp then lights up solid orange on the speaker. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, the glowing lamp means that charging is indeed occurring, as we see next.
7. Let the XB32 Continue Charging Until the CHARGE Light Goes Dark
Full battery recharging wraps up when the CHARGE lamp turns off, as shown next.
8. Unplug the USB Charging Cable from the Speaker
9. Fully Close the Port Door / Cap
Note that unless you seat the port cap fully, water may flow into its power in / out ports. And, since water and electronics do not work well together, getting those connections wet might degrade the delicate contacts inside. So be sure to press this door closed with enough force to fully seat it, for maximum moisture protection.
10. Done with Sony SRS XB32 Charging !
We have now fully charged our XB32 speaker.
Finally, repeat this recharging every (up to) twenty-four hours of play, to keep the battery in top condition for years to come.
Other Posts About the SRS XB32 Sony Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB32 Battery Indicator, Charging Light Explained
- Sony SRS XB32 Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB32 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB32 Button Meanings Explained
- How to Make Sony SRS XB32 Discoverable
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB32 Charging Instructions
- Sony SRS XB33 Speaker Charging Instructions
- Sony SRS XB41 Speaker Charging Instructions
- Charging Instructions for the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB10 Charging Instructions
- Charging Instructions for the Sony SRS XB12 Mini Wireless Speaker
- 2021-10-19: First published.