We give here the Sony SRS XB32 wireless portable speaker hard reset instructions for returning this Bluetooth speaker to its default factory settings. Hard resetting restores the 32 to default fresh-out-of-the-box state. Plus, it deletes any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory. This stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Furthermore, you might hard reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB32 Hard Reset Instructions, Step by Step Directions
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a two-tone sound as it readies itself for music playing. If it does, then this lets you know that it has paired with some nearby BT device. Or it may play no sound if it does not. But whether the unit auto links or not though, this hard reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons At the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB32 then enters the hard reset program in its onboard firmware.
Then after a few seconds, the speaker switches itself OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. So release the buttons at this point. Note that on the SRS XB32, there is no power-OFF sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB32 Speaker Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after hard reset, the XB32 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp quickly flashes blue to let you know this. It should not connect with any device fresh after a hard reset.
E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB32 Hard Reset !
The hard reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift the 32, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard reset, this speaker no longer automatically links with any Bluetooth device. So to restore auto joining, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB32 Hard Reset
- Sony SRS XB33 Hard Reset Instructions
- SRS XB41 Sony Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB43 Hard Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB13 Hard Resetting Instructions
- SRS XB 12 Hard Reset Instructions for this Mini Sony Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB32 Portable Speaker
- Making the XB32 Speaker Discoverable
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB32 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB32 Button Meanings Explained
- Turning On the Pairing Mode on the XB32
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB32
- 2021-10-05: First published.