We give Sony SRS XB33 speaker factory reset instructions here to return this Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Factory resetting restores the XB33 to fresh-out-of-box state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Clearing these stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might factory reset to get the unit ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from syncing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB33 Factory Reset, Step by Step Routine
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up and announce that it has paired, should it connect to a in-range device. Or it may make no sound if not. But whether the unit pairs or not though, this factory reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB33 then enters the factory reset process.
Next, after a few seconds, the speaker powers OFF. The status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Plus, note that on the SRS XB33, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB33 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after factory reset, the XB33 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp double blinks blue to let you know this.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you wish.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB33 Factory Reset !
The factory reset is now done. So you may safely sell or gift the 33, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB33 no longer automatically syncs with any previously joined Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto pairing, you manually connect it with a device. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing automatically takes place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB33 Factory Reset
- Sony SRS XB41 Factory Reset Instructions
- SRS XB43 Sony Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB13 Factory Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 2nd Generation Factory Reset Instructions
- Charge 4 Factory Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB33 Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB33 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB33 Button Functions Explained
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB33
- Switching Off the Party Lamps on the Sony SRS XB33 Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB33 is Charging
References for Sony SRS XB33 Factory Reset Instructions
- 2021-10-05: First published.