This piece gives a routine for charging the Sony SRS XB40 Bluetooth speaker. Do this easily through the DC power in barrel style port, shown in the pictures below. Note that you can still play your XB40 as it recharges, without raising the charging time by very much.
Sony SRS XB40 Charging: Summary
- First, pick a powerful enough adapter, as no charger comes with this Sony Bluetooth speaker.
- Then, plug the charger into the speaker as well as a working wall outlet.
- Finally, after four hours or so, your XB 40 finishes recharging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to twenty-four (24) hours before needing another charge-up.
Sony SRS XB40 Charging, Step by Step
1. Choose Correct Size AC or Car Adapter
The charger you use should provide 9.5 volts at 2.5 amps (23.75 watts) for quickest results.
2. Power OFF the Unit
Note that the SRSXB40 still charges when running. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging headroom that your charger supplies, the speaker might charge a trifle faster when turned OFF.
3. Plug the Power Cord into the Speaker
First, open the water resistant port door.
This exposes the barrel type DC input input port as we see next.
Then, plug the barrel end of the cable into the port on the back of the speaker, as we see in the next shot.
4. Plug the Adapter into a Working Wall Receptacle to Continue with Sony SRS XB40 Charging
Now that we connected the XB 40 and our adapter, we then plug the mains end of the adapter into a working AC outlet, as we show next. We connected ours to a power strip surge protector.
The CHARGE lamp lights up solid orange on the speaker. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, this lighted lamp means that charging is occurring. We show this light next.
5. Let the XB40 Charge Until the Orange CHARGE Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is complete when the solid glowing CHARGE lamp on the top panel, behind the Power button turns off, as shown next.
6. Unplug the Cable from the Speaker
Also, close the port cap to maintain water resistance.
7. Done with Sony SRS XB40 Charging !
We have now fully charged this speaker.
Finally, repeat this recharging every twenty-four (24) hours of play, or any time the 40 goes dead, to keep the battery in top condition for years to come.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB40
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB40 Charging
References for Sony SRS XB40 Charging
- 2022-10-11: First published.