We give here factory reset instructions for your Sony SRS XB41 Extra Bass Bluetooth speaker to restore its default factory settings. Factory resetting returns the XB41 to default fresh-out-of-box state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth device linkage from memory. Clearing this stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might factory reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB41 Speaker Factory Reset, Step by Step
1. Turn the XB41 ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. E.g. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture. It’s the rightmost button in the top buttons panel.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ping-pang tone sound when it powers up to signify that is has paired with a device. Or it may make no sound whatsoever if it does not connect. But whether the unit connects or not though, the factory reset routine is the same, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB41 then enters factory reset mode.
Then after a very small pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB41, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB41 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after factory reset, the XB41 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp quickly flashes blue to let you know this. E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB41 Factory Reset !
The factory reset is now done. So you may now sell or gift the speaker safely, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB41 no longer connects automatically with any Bluetooth device. So to get auto joining going again, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB41 Factory Reset
- Sony SRS XB43 Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB13 Factory Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 2nd Generation Factory Reset Instructions
- Charge 4 Factory Reset Instructions
- Google Home Factory Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB41 Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB41 to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB41 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB41 Bluetooth Speaker
- Turning Off the Party Lights on Sony SRS XB41 Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB41 is Charging
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB41
- 2021-10-05: First published.