The Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth speaker has a battery level indicator LED on the top button panel, as shown in the following pictures. This displays battery status, sort of. E.g. Whether it’s draining or charging, or whether it’s critically low or not when discharging. But it neither reads out charging progress, or how full the battery is at a given time while charging or draining. But it does flash when the battery reaches near-dead state. In this post, we describe how to read the battery indicator lamp on the XB43.
Note though that on this particular speaker, you can get a more precise reading of how full the battery by pressing the battery level button on the back of the speaker, and have the speaker speak the actual battery percentage to you. But in this piece, we focus on the light, and not the voice. So read on.
How to Read the Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Lamp
1. The Light is OFF
The battery level / charging (CHARGE) lamp is dark in the following situations:
- When you power down the XB43 without the charger connected.
- When the charger IS connected but the battery finished recharging, as shown next.
- And finally, the CHARGE light is OFF when the speaker itself is powered ON, but the battery is fuller than critically low. The lamp is dark as long as the battery does not yet need charging in this case.
2. The Sony XB43 Battery Indicator Light Blinks Orange
With the charger not connected, the XB43 powered ON, and the battery having very little energy left, the CHARGE light starts flashing orange. This means that the speaker will soon shut off due to a dead battery and that you should put it on the charge soon.
3. Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Doubles as a Charging Light
The CHARGE lamp lights up orange (no flashing) as the XB43 charges, as we see in the next picture. On this speaker, this glowing light is the only visual means of knowing that recharging is going on. But it does not display how far along the charging is. To get this, use the battery percentage button in the button and port compartment on the back of the speaker.
Also note that this light should never flash while charging is in progress. If it does, then either your charger is not working well, your USB cable is bad, or some problems exists inside the speaker.
4. When the Light Goes Out While Charging, Then Charging is Done
As speaker charging continues, the light keeps glowing, But eventually, battery recharging finishes, and the battery indicator lamp goes out to show this. It turns off when the speaker is not ON, and stays OFF when the XB43 is ON.
5. The Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Lamp Is Not Much of a Charge Remaining Meter
When unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. Well again, sort of. If it is dark when the speaker is ON, then the battery has some amount of play time left, although you cannot tell how much.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator
- Sony SRS XB10 Battery Level Indicator Charging Light
- JBL Clip 3 Battery Indicator Light
- Sony SRS XB12 Battery Indicator Charging Light
- UE Wonderboom Battery Indicator
- JBL Boombox Battery Indicator Explained
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Discoverable
- How to Put Sony SRS XB43 in Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB43 Pairing Instructions
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn On Sony SRS XB43 Extra Bass Speaker
References for Sony SRS XB43 Battery Level Indicator
- AcuRite Atomic Dual Alarm Clock Review
- Wonderboom 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator
- How to Read JBL Xtreme 2 Charging Indicator Lamps
- How to Read JBL Charge 3 Battery Indicator Gauge Lights
- JBL Charge 4 Battery Life Tests
- 2020-09-15: First published.