You can change how loud the bass is on the Sony SRS XB43 speaker, by turning on and off its low frequency mode. When switched on, this mode makes the side mounted passive bass radiators vibrate a lot more. Plus it adds a low rumble quality to the playing program, that travels pretty far from the speaker, even when outdoors. Now while this mode indeed drains the battery faster, the added bass richness in the sound is likely well worth it.
How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB43 Speaker Low Frequency Mode
By default, the XB43 has its bass mode turned on after a reset, and the STAMINE light is dark.
You can turn this low frequency mode off by pressing and holding in the LIVE button for about three seconds, until the STAMINA lamp lights up, as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow. Find the LIVE button on the top of the unit, at the far right edge of the button panel as shown in the last picture.
In short, when Stamina Mode is ON, Low Frequency Mode is OFF. Thus, to turn OFF low frequency mode, you must turn Stamina Mode on.
How to Turn On Sony SRS XB43 Low Frequency Mode
To turn low frequency mode back on, you turn Stamina Mode off. then again, press and hold the LIVE button in until the STAMINA light darkens. Then release the button. When the STAMINA lamp on the speaker light up, the low frequency mode resumes once more.
FYI: In Stamina Mode, the speaker has, well, more STAMINA. I.e. You extend the play time per charge when you apply STAMINA mode due to the reduced bass output in this mode.
The drivers really move when you switch on low frequency mode. So be careful with how loudly you play the XB43 with the low frequency mode ON (Stamina Mode OFF), to avoid damage to the speaker drivers inside. Certainly if the bass is crackling, tapping, or otherwise distorting, turn it down !
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB43 Low Frequency Mode
- JBL Boombox 2 Low Frequency Mode for Extra Bass !
- How to Turn ON and OFF Low Frequency Mode on the JBL Clip 2 Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 3 Low Frequency Mode
- Charge 5 Low Frequency Mode on this JBL Speaker, Not So Fast
- JBL Charge 4 Low Frequency Mode
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Party Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting the Sony SRS XB43 BT Speaker
- How to Turn Off Flashing Lights on Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB43 is Charging
- 2021-09-20: First published.