Gives reset instructions for the Sony SRS XB43 bookshelf Bluetooth speaker to set it back to its default settings. Resetting restores the XB43 to factory default state. E.g. Returns sound mode and light settings to their fresh-out-of-the-box values. Plus, it erases any earlier connected Bluetooth devices from memory. Clearing these stops this unit from pairing to any nearby BT devices. Also, you might reset to get this speaker ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB43 Reset Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. E.g. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The XB 43 may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, should it pair to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound at all if it does not. Whether paired or not, this reset to factory default state routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing and Volume DOWN Buttons At the Same Time
Find these buttons as shown next. Both of them are in the top button panel.
The XB43 then enters reset.
After one or two seconds, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp and party lights (if enabled) all go dark, as shown next. Note that on the XB43, there is no power-off sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB43 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, the XB43 comes up in pairing mode. The Bluetooth Status lamp blinks blue in a pulse-pulse-pause-pulse-pulse-pause pattern, to let you know this. E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with Sony SRS XB43 Reset Instructions !
The reset is now complete. So you may now sell or gift this speaker, or pair it again with your Bluetooth devices.
Keep in mind that after a reset, the XB43 no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then following that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB43 Reset
- SRS XB13 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB12 Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB10 Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Gen Reset Instructions
- JBL Extreme Reset Instructions
References for Sony SRS XB43 Reset
- Review of the Streaming Media Player SMP-N200 by Sony
- Sony MDR V500DJ Professional DJ Headphones Review
- Sony MDR-V700DJ Headphones Review
- MDR V6 Sony Digital Ready Headphones Review
- How to Pair Sony Speaker to iPhone
- 2021-09-16: First published.