The SRS XB10 Sony Bluetooth speaker is a low power, one-person style, small unit with still enough audio watts in its specs to hear it comfortably in a small room or personal space with strikingly full sounding music or speech.
But what do the watts a Bluetooth speaker has, tell you about it? Firstly, the watt is a measure of the amount of power the speaker draws and delivers. Plus, this metric is a handy comparison measure. E.g. Typically, speakers with more watts output tend to play louder than those with lower max wattages. The ones with greater power cost more, have bigger batteries and chargers, along with larger drivers. But they also offer more dynamic range, have a deeper bass response, and stereo models offer a bigger soundstage to listeners.
Thus in general, the more powerful the speaker, the better it sounds, even on low loudness settings. You get better clarity due to higher accuracy reproduction of the bass, midrange, and treble pieces of the music. More extra watts could produce less clipping distortion as well. So, the speaker’s output watts number is a primary indicator of speaker quality and performance, and as such, is of great interest to audiophiles and novice listeners alike.
In this case, the Sony XB10, as a mini battery powered BT speaker, is a usefully powered model for its size. Its watts can immerse the area around a coffee table with music. See below for details on its power output.
Sony XB10 Specs Watts: Details
- Battery Capacity: 5.18 watt-hours (3.7 volts, 1.4 amp-hours).
- Suggested USB Charger Power: 2.5 watts (5 volts at 0.5 amps).
- Light Power: No party lamps on this speaker.
- Power Bank Output Power: Not available on this speaker.
- Total Audio Output Power on External Power (RMS): 5 watts.
- Total Peak Audio Power: 7.07 watts.
- Output Power per Channel: 5 watts RMS (There’s only one channel on this model).
- Peak Output Power per Channel: 7.07 watts.
Notes on Sony XB10 Specs Watts
- The SRS XB10 speaker may not input enough enough power from a USB power adapter to keep the battery from discharging when playing at full volume, depending on what you’re playing on it and the sort of charger you have. So it could be that even with the unit externally powered, you could still run the battery dead. Thus on the (rare) occasions that this occurs, just stop playing the 10 for an hour or so, to let it store up some reserve power as it recharges. Then, fire it up again for continued party enjoyment.
Related Posts to Sony XB10 Specs Watts
Other Sony XB10 Posts
- 2023-03-14: First published.