The SRS XB43 Sony Bluetooth speaker is a medium power, party music box with plenty of output watts to fill a typical room with plenty loud tunes.
But what do the watts a Bluetooth speaker has tell you about it? Firstly, the watt is a measure of how much power the speaker consumes or outputs. Furthermore, this metric is a handy comparison measure. E.g. Generally speaking, speakers with more watts output tend to play louder than those with less. They cost more, have bigger batteries and chargers, along with larger drivers. They offer greater dynamic range, have a deeper bass response, and stereo versions and offer typically a bigger soundstage to listeners.
Thus in general, the more powerful the speaker, the better it sounds, even at lower wattage output levels. You get better clarity due to more accurate reproduction of the bass as well as midrange and treble content of the music. So, the speaker’s watts output is a primary indicator of speaker quality, and as such, is of great interest to audiophiles and novice listeners alike.
In this case, the Sony XB43, as a portable wireless speaker, is a fairly beefy model for its size. Its tens of watts can fill a medium size room with easily heard tunes. See below for details on its power output.
Sony SRS XB43 Watts Details
- Battery Capacity: 50.32 watt-hours (7.4 volts, 6.8 amp-hours).
- Charger Power: 15 Watts (5 volts at 3 amps).
- USB-C Charger Power: 7.5 Watts (5 volts at 1.5 amps).
- Light Power: Less than 2 watts.
- Standby Mode Power: 0.2 watts.
- Power Bank Output Power: 5 Watts (5 volts at 1 amp max).
- Audio Output Power on AC (RMS): 32 watts.
- Peak Audio Power (both channels): 45.2 watts.
- Audio Output Power on Battery: Decreases as battery discharges.
- Output Power per Channel: 16 watts RMS.
Notes on Sony SRS XB43 Watts
- The system tries to conserve battery power as the battery get close to total depletion. The XB 43 does this by reducing the audio output power somewhat.
- The XB43 does not accept enough enough power from a USB-C power adapter to keep the battery from discharging when playing at full volume. So it’s possible that even with the unit plugged in, you could still see it shut down. If this happens, just stop playing the 43 for an hour or two, to let it build up some reserve power while charging. And finally, to help prevent this from happening, power the speaker with the AC supply that comes with the XB43
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB43 Watts
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- 2022-08-23: First published.