How to tell if JBL Flip 2 is charging? Well, this portable Bluetooth speaker has a single row of small LED lamps across its metal side panel, as shown in the pictures below. These read battery charge level status. To the point, look at these to see Flip 2 charging in action and how to know that the speaker is indeed charging.
How to Tell if JBL Flip 2 is Charging
1. Connect your Flip Two to AC Power to Commence Charging
See our JBL Flip 2 Charging Instructions, How To Recharge piece for more details on proper AC adapter selection and how to connect the micro USB charging cable. Obviously, the speaker does not charge without a cord plugged into it.
2. Check the Battery Status Lamps
There are five lamps that light in succession as the Flip 2 battery charging progresses, as we show in the next picture. You can tell if the JBL Flip 2 is charging if you see one of these lamps blinking white. When the battery is completely dead, the light on the far left blinks white while charging. Then as the battery fills, that lamp stops flashing, and gives a steady white glow. At that time, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
Also, the speaker warms a little during charging as does the USB charger. This warmth is a great way how to tell if the JBL Flip 2 is charging.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid, Charging is Finished
As speaker charging goes on, more and more of the lamps light up solid, and the flashing moves further to the right, until it reaches the last of these five battery level indicator lamps. This successive lighting is another indication that the Flip 2 is charging.
This next picture shows the speaker just before wrapping up a full recharge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status meter are glowing. However, the last one continues to blink. When one of these lamps blink while a working charger is connected, this tells us that the Flip 2 is charging.
The battery recharge cycle completes when all charge status gauge lamps go dark, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
- Flip 2 Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- JBL Flip 2 Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- JBL Flip 2 Charger Replacement Adapter Suggestions
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
- JBL Flip 2 Buttons Guide for JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Speaker, Each Control Explored
- How to Tell if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- JBL Go 2 Charging Indicator
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Indicator, How to Tell if It is Charging
- 2019-05-14: Tuned the targeting for ‘How to Tell if JBL Flip 2 is Charging’.
- 2019-04-06: Added tags.
- 2019-02-10: First released.