How to tell if JBL Xtreme is charging? Well, this Bluetooth speaker, with its HUGE power bank, has a lone row of small LED lamps across its pedestal, as shown in the pictures following. These lamps tell battery level status. To see if this speaker is charging, examine these to see Xtreme charging going on and how to know that the speaker is indeed accepting charge.
How to Tell if JBL Xtreme is Charging
Connect your Xtreme to Wall Power
Of course, you can be certain that this speaker is NOT charging with no cord connected to it.
Check the Battery Gauge Lamps
There are five LED lamps that light in one after the other, as the Xtreme speaker battery recharging moves forward. You can tell if the JBL Xtreme is charging if you see one of these lamps flashing white. When the battery inside is undeniably dead, the light on the far left blinks white while charging. Then as the battery fills, that lamp changes to a steady white glow. At that time, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
Also, the speaker warms slightly during charging as does its charger adapter. This warmth is a quick way how to tell if the JBL Xtreme is charging.
When All Lamps Light Solid, Charging is Close to Finished
As speaker charging moves on, more and more of the LEDs light solid, and the flashing moves further to the right, until it reaches the last of these five battery level lamps. This progressive lighting of the LEDs is another indication that the Xtreme is in fact, charging.
This next picture shows the speaker just before wrapping up a charging cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status meter glow. But the last one goes on blinking for several minutes. When one LED flashes while a working charger is connected, this is another way that the speaker tells us that it is charging.
The battery charge cycle is done when all battery gauge LEDs go dark, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer recharging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the charger cord still plugged in, no lamp glows when battery is full. The Xtreme no longer charges when the battery reaches full state.
Finally, Unplug the Xtreme and Turn it On
If the battery LEDs read full (all lights lit), this your Xtreme did indeed charge when connected to AC power.
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 2 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- JBL Xtreme Power Cord AC Adapter Charger Specs
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker is Charging
- JBL Go 2 Charging Indicator, and when the Speaker is Fully Charged
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 3 is Charging
- JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions, Speaker Charging Time
- How to Tell if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- 2019-05-10: Tuned the targeting for ‘How to Tell if JBL Xtreme is Charging’, and added tags.
- 2010-02-12: First released.