The Disney Plus streaming service came online in 2019. So through this offering, you can watch many movies and shows in the Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, or Marvel collections. Plus, for the blind and vision impaired viewers, many of these shows have an audio description track. Thus when you play this track, you hear an announcer telling what’s going on on the screen as the show plays. You can hear these descriptions by turning them on in the Disney Plus app. Unfortunately, many users report accidentally enabling these narrations when they don’t want them. Then they wonder how to stop them. So in this piece, we give directions to turn off Disney Plus audio description feature.
Turn Off Disney Plus Audio Description: Prerequisites
Well, you can’t turn this off, unless you have set up the following first.
- A Disney Plus subscription.
- Access to the Disney Plus app, whether that be on your phone, tablet, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, et al.
Turn Off Disney Plus Audio Description: Step by Step
- Firstly, bring up this app and start playing a movie.
- Then, tap the middle of the screen to bring up the transport controls (Play / Pause, Skip Back, Skip Forward).
- Tap the More Settings square near the top right corner of the screen. This brings up a list of player settings.
- Fourthly, in the Audio list, tap the English option. Or, choose any other option besides one with the letters AD in its name. This switches OFF the audio descriptions.
- Then, tap the X button on this Settings screen. Find it in the top right corner of the screen. Touching this button takes you back to the movie screen.
- Finally, tap the Play button to start your movie playing if it is not playing already. You should no longer hear these audio descriptions.
References for Turn Off Disney Plus Audio Description Instructions
- 2023-02-18: First published.