This post details general UE Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth pairing directions, to get your speaker playing from your phone, tablet, or other BT source device. First, of course, for new speakers, unpack them and make sure that they have some charge in their batteries. Then, with your speaker turned OFF (all dark top panel LEDs), follow these steps to pair with most any wireless source device. Thus in this demo, we show how this pairing works on an iPad Air 3 tablet. But a like routine works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets too.
UE Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing, Step by Step
1. Unpack and Charge the Speaker
Once you unpack and charge the speaker for the first time, start off with the UE Wonderboom 2 powered OFF.
2. Next, Visit the Home Screen on your Bluetooth Device
Then press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as shown next on our iPad.
3. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
4. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air 3 then shows the first page of its Settings screen, as we see in the next screenshot
5. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with UE Wonderboom 2 Pairing
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that we switched ON our Bluetooth on this tablet. But since the speaker is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection info. Thus, it would not appear in the Other Devices list either.
This situation looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that no UE Wonderboom 2 appears just yet.
6. Turn On your Speaker
Turn on the speaker by quickly pressing its Power button.
See this button, pointed at by yellow arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, letting you know this by making a startup sound.
7. Put your UE Wonderboom 2 into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your iPad Air, place it into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button on the top, near the hang strap on the speaker, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but cool pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts fast-flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
8. Find your UE Wonderboom 2 on the Tablet
See the picture next. We found ours, as pointed at by the yellow arrow in the next picture.
9. Pair with your UE Wonderboom 2
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the Bluetooth speaker (appears as “WONDERBOOM 2” in this scenario).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as paired, as pointed at by the yellow arrows in the last picture.
10. Done with UE Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing !
We have now successfully paired this BT speaker to an iPad Air 3 tablet. Audio output from that tablet now plays on this speaker, which is what you want. Bluetooth set up like this works with most other BT source devices as well.
Other Posts About the UE Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- UE Wonderboom 2 Charger Type, Replacement
- How to Turn Off UE Wonderboom 2 BT Speaker
- How to Factory Reset the UE Wonderboom 2
- Making the UE Wonderboom 2 Discoverable
- How to Turn On UE Wonderboom 2 Wireless Speaker
Related Posts to UE Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Bluetooth Pairing the Sony SRS XB41 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB33 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- SRS XB32 Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Tips
References for UE Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing
Revisions and Changes
- 2022-08-11: First released.