This post offers general UE Wonderboom pairing directions. Start with your Ultimate Ears speaker (UE) shut OFF (all dark top panel LEDs). Then, follow these instructions to pair it with most any Bluetooth source device. In this demo, we show how this pairing works on our iPad Air tablet. But a similar procedure works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets too.
UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
1. Visit the Home Screen on your iPad Air
Press the Home button to get to the Home iPad page. See our Home screen as shown next.
2. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is switched ON here. But since the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection information. See this situation, that looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that there’s no Wonderboom listed yet.
5. Turn On your UE Wonderboom Speaker
Turn on this UE by quickly pressing its Power button. See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
6. Put your Wonderboom into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Wonderboom UE speaker on your iPad Air, place the Wonderboom into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a distinctive sound several times. Plus, a lamp in this button starts rapidly flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
7. Find your UE Wonderboom on your iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as circled in green.
8. Pair with your UE Wonderboom Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the Wonderboom (appears as “WONDERBOOM” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the Ultimate Ears speaker now shows as paired, as circled inside the green oval in the last picture.
9. UE Wonderboom Pairing Done!
We have now successfully paired our UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker with our iPad Air iOS device. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this wireless UE speaker, which is what you want.
Related Posts to UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- UE Roll Pairing Instructions for the Roll UE Speaker
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker with iPhone iPad iPod iOS
- How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 How to Pair with iOS Devices, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa Echo Speakers
- Google Home Bluetooth Speaker Pairing Instructions, 2017
- Pair UE Wonderboom with Google Home, How To
References for UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- 2020-04-13: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-01: Improved key phrase targeting.
- 2019-03-12: First written.