Here’s our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 charging instructions for this portable Bluetooth speaker. Charging is easy through the sealed micro USB DC in port on the rear bottom of the UEWB2. First, pick a high current USB AC adapter. Why? Because Ultimate Ears does not include this with the Wonderboom 2. But they do offer one that works well for less than twenty US dollars.
Next, connect a micro USB charge cord between the speaker and that adapter. Then, plug that power supply into a working AC mains outlet.
Finally after roughly three hours, the speaker fully recharges. Then, you can play it again for around thirteen hours before it runs dead again.
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
1. Choose Strong Enough USB Charger
In this demo, we’re using the iClever 24 watt AC USB charger, as shown next. The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 needs 5 volts at about 1.0 amp to charge fully in the shortest time. So this iClever USB wall adapter is indeed strong enough for the job.
2. Open the Power Port Cover Door on the Speaker
Use a dime or penny to open the waterproof seal port cover on the speaker. This uncovers the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Power Off the Speaker, to Continue with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
Note that the speaker still charges when running. But depending on your charger, it may recharge a little faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port, as shown next.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into the AC Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter. In this demo, as we said earlier, we use an iClever 24 Watt 2.1 amp per port USB power adapter along with a generic micro USB cable.
6. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Wall Outlet to Continue with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
Now that we connected the speaker and charger, we plug the charger into a working AC outlet.
The status light in the power button lights a fading and brightening white pattern on this BT speaker with enough USB power. While no battery status gauge shows charge percentage, the pulsating white lamp means that charging is happening.
Then when the speaker is OFF, this lamp goes out when charging finishes If the speaker is ON, this lamp starts glowing a solid white once more.
7. Let the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charge Until the the Power Lamp Stops Pulsating
Battery charging is finished when the gradually brightening and fading power lamp stops pulsating. Detail: when the speaker is OFF, this lamp goes out when charging finishes But if the speaker is ON, the light starts glowing a solid white once more.
8. Unplug the USB Cord
9. Close the USB Port Door
Note that unless you snap this door tightly into place, water might get inside, and water could damage speaker electronics in there. So, be sure to press door closed with enough pressure to fully seat it, to ensure full water resistance. See the correctly closed port door in the next picture.
10. Done with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions!
We have now fully charged our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 wireless Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this routine every ten hours of music play, to keep its battery in top shape for months to come.
Other Posts About the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charge Time
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Setup Instructions
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Pairing Instructions
Related Posts to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- Logitech Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
References for Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
- 2020-06-11: First published.