This post offers general Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 setup instructions, to get your speaker playing music from your phone, tablet, or other Bluetooth source device. First, of course, for new speakers, unpack them and make sure that they have some charge in their batteries. Then, with your speaker turned OFF (all dark top panel LEDs), follow these steps to set it up with most any BT source device. Finally, in this demo, we show how this setup works on an iPad Air tablet. But a like routine works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets too.
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Setup Instructions, Step by Step
1. Unpack and Charge the Speaker
First, for detailed charging instructions, see our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions post.
2. Next, Visit the Home Screen on your Bluetooth Device
Press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as shown next on our iPad.
3. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
4. Bring up the Settings App
Then, tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air then shows the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
5. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Setup Instructions
Next, tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that we switched ON our Bluetooth on this tablet. But since the speaker is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection info. This looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that no Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 appears just yet.
6. Turn On your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Speaker
Next, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, pointed at by yellow arrow, in the next picture.
The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 then comes on, letting you know this by making a startup sound.
7. Put your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your iPad Air, place it into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but cool pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts fast-flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
8. Find your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 on your iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as pointed at by the yellow arrow in the next picture.
9. Pair with your Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the Wonderboom 2 (appears as “WONDERBOOM 2” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as paired, as pointed at by the yellow arrows in the last picture.
10. Done with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Setup Instructions !
Finally, we have now successfully setup the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth speaker on an iPad Air tablet. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this speaker, which is what you want. Bluetooth set up like this works with most other Bluetooth source devices as well.
Other Posts About the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charge Time
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Pairing Instructions
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
Related Posts to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Setup Instructions
- Belkin F9K1122v1 Extender Setup Instructions
- Echo Dot 3 Setup Instructions for Amazon Alexa 3rd Generation Dot
- Alexa Echo Subwoofer Setup Instructions, Amazon Echo
- Honeywell RTH9580WF WiFi Setup Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Setup Using WWW MyWiFiExt Wizard
References for Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Setup Instructions.
Revisions and Changes
- 2020-06-11: First released.