Here’s our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom charging instructions for this portable Bluetooth speaker. Charging is easy through the sealed micro USB DC in port on the rear bottom of the WB. In sum: First, pick a high current USB AC adapter. Why? Because UE does not include this with the Wonderboom. But they do offer one that works well for roughly twenty US dollars.
Next, connect a micro USB charge cord between the Wonderboom and that adapter. Then, plug that power supply into a working AC mains outlet.
Finally after a few hours, the speaker fully recharges. Then, you can play it again for maybe ten hours before it runs dead again.
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
1. Choose Strong Enough USB Charger
In this demo, we’re using the iClever 24 watt AC USB charger, as shown next. The Wonderboom needs 5 volts at approximately 0.6 amps to charge fully in a reasonable amount of time. So this iClever USB wall adapter is indeed strong enough to recharge the WB with lots of power to spare.
2. Open the Power Port Cover
Use a dime or penny to open the waterproof seal port cover on the WB. This uncovers the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Power Off the Speaker, to Continue with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
Note that the Wonderboom still charges when running. But depending on your charger, it may recharge slightly faster when turned OFF.
4. Plug in the Micro USB Cord
Then, plug the small end of your micro USB charge cable into the matching micro USB port in the rear of this Ultimate Ears speaker, as shown next.
5. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into the AC Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter. In this demo, as we said earlier, we use an iClever 24 Watt 2.1 amp per port USB power adapter along with a generic micro USB cable.
6. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Wall Outlet to Continue with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
Now that we connected the Wonderboom and charger, we plug the adapter into a working AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we plugged ours into a wall receptacle in the kitchen.
The status light in the power button lights a fading and brightening white pattern on the Wonderboom with enough USB power. While no battery status gauge shows charge percentage, the pulsating white lamp means that charging is in progress.
Then when the speaker is OFF, this lamp goes out when charging finishes If the speaker is ON, this lamp starts glowing a solid white once more.
7. Let the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charge Until the the Power Lamp Stops Pulsating
Battery charging is complete when the gradually brightening and fading power lamp stops pulsating. Detail: when the speaker is OFF, this lamp goes out when charging finishes But if the speaker is ON, the light starts glowing a solid white once more.
8. Unplug the USB Cord
9. Close the USB Door
Note that unless you snap this door tightly into place, water might get inside. This might affect speaker electronics in a bad way. So, be sure to press door closed with enough pressure to fully seat it, to ensure full water resistance.
10. Done with Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions!
We have now fully charged our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom wireless Bluetooth speaker.
Repeat this routine every ten hours of music play, to keep its battery in top shape for months to come.
Related Posts to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
- UE Roll 1 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Clip 2 JBL Speaker Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Charging Instructions for Longest Play
Other Posts About the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Connect to Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charger, Which to Buy
- How to Charge Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Buttons Guide, How to Use
- How to Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
References for Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- 2019-04-13: Added more tags.
- 2019-03-01: First published.