Pretty simple packaging for the Amazon Echo Generation 2 Alexa smart speaker. Very easy to unbox, power up, and prepare it for setup, as we’ll, demonstrate next.
For our vision impaired and blind readers, this improved version of the Alexa enabled Amazon Echo speaker comes in a turquois box, with pictures of the device on the front along with printed lists of key features, commands, and capabilities of this smart speaker.
Now, to the unboxing.
Unboxing the Amazon Echo Generation 2 Smart Speaker
1. Remove Outer Box from Plastic Bag
Locate the tape that secures the bag closed, as shown in the next picture, and gently pull an end of it until it separates completely from the bag.
2. Locate the Sealing Tape on the Outer Box
This is shown next. There’s a tab near the left edge of the box, that facilitates easier tape peel off.
3. Remove the Box Sealing Tape
This is shown next.
4. Lift Up the Box Top
See this, as shown next. Flipping open the box top reveals a black, inner packing carton.
5. Find the Pull Tab on the Inner Carton
See this as shown next. They provide this tab to allow easy pulling out of the inner carton from the outer box, as we’ll do in the next step.
6. Lift the Echo 2 Inner Carton Out of the Outer Box
Pull out the inner carton as shown next. Grasping the tab on the inner carton top. But hold the outer box in place with the other hand. Then, gently pull the black carton out.
7. Remove the 2nd Generation Echo Speaker from the Inner Carton
Take the speaker out as shown next.
8. Remove Plastic Wrap from Echo Gen 2 Speaker
Unwrap the Echo Gen 2 speaker as shown in the next pictures.
9. Remove the Power Adapter and Pamphlets
Find these in the box part of the inner carton, as shown next.
10. Check that you got Everything you’re Suppose to Receive
As shown next, you should have the Echo Gen 2 speaker itself, the power adapter, and a couple of pamphlets with getting-started instructions and other important information.
Connecting the Amazon Echo Gen 2 Speaker
11. Connect the Power Adapter to the Speaker DC Power Port
Unwrap and untangle this cord first. Then, insert the DC power connecter (small end of the power adapter cable) into the power port on the speaker, as shown in the next picture.
12. Then, Plug the Speaker into a Working AC Outlet
Power up the Echo 2nd Gen speaker as shown next.
The speaker then boots up, as shown above, with its light ring aglow in blue and turquois.
After ten to twenty seconds, the Echo 2 then enters setup mode, as indicated by the orange-yellow rotating light blip around its light ring.
If you don’t see the orange-yellow glow around the light ring after a minute or so, or if you see a magenta or other light pattern, then try resetting the speaker to factory default state. We’ll provide a post on how to do that presently.
But if you see the orange-yellow light, then proceed to the next step.
13. Setting Up your Amazon Gen 2 Echo Smart Speaker
Echo 2 setup involves connecting the Echo 2 to your Wi-Fi network, registering it in the Alexa app, and setting various speaker preferences. Please see our Hook Up Alexa Smart Speaker to a New WiFi Router, How To post, that explains how to set up your new Echo 2.
- Unboxing a Brand New Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Demo of Unboxing the Microsoft Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker
- Amazon Echo Gen 2 Smart Speaker Picture Gallery
- Unboxing the Samsung Galazy J7 Sky Pro Tracfone Smart Phone
- Where is the Reset Button on Amazon Generation 2 Echo Smart Speaker Located
- Connect Echo Spot to New WiFi, Help, How To
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Black, Official Product Page on Amazon.com
- Echo (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Charcoal Fabric, on Amazon.com
- 2017-12-07: Originally published.