We received the Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Smart Phone this week from the QVC home shopping network. As avid TracFone enthusiasts, we were thrilled to finally upgrade our service to a smart Android-based cell phone. In this piece we show pictures of unboxing the Samsung Galaxy J7 phone, what comes in the box, and any problems we ran into setting it up.
This device sports a 5.5-inch HD screen, runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), offers two cameras (the front-facing 5 megapixel one, and the 8 megapixel rear-facing sensor for crystal clear high definition photos. The phone is also Wi-Fi capable, which means that you don’t have to use the data that comes with the LTE TracFone plan if you’re in range of a Wi-Fi network. The phone will use Wi-Fi to send and receive data, when said Wi-Fi is available.
This particular deal included a year of service days, 1500 minutes of talk time, 1500 texts, and 1500 megabytes of data, all for well under two hundred dollars. The Galaxy J7 was exceedingly easy to unbox and set up, and in this post, we’ll show you our unboxing experience.
Unboxing Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Smart Phone
1. Open the Shipping Carton
First, we cut open the top of the brown QVC carton as shown above, to find the phone’s original packaging inside, along with a car charger and various Tracfone pamphlets and manuals, as shown next.
2. Remove the Phone’s Package from the Shipping Box
3. Find the Pamphlets and Papers
These are packed in the shipping box but outside of the phone’s carton. A picture of the Tracfone Welcome Guide that came with our phone is shown next, along with the other papers that came with our phone.
You’ll especially need the Tracfone Start Here guide, that explains how to set up your new smart phone on the Tracfone network. This red colored pamphlet accompanies all new Tracfones, and contains the phone’s serial and SIM card numbers, which are required to assign the phone a new or existing telephone number as well as to link the phone to your Tracfone account if you have one. Set these aside for the moment.
Note that our QVC receipt also accompanied the pamphlets above. However, we’re not gong to photograph that out of privacy concerns.
4. Find the Phone’s Car Charger to Continue with Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy J7 Phone
This was packed separately from the phone itself.
5. Find the Smart Phone Case
We opted for the blue paisley simple case, as shown next.
6. Pull Open the Phone Carton’s Front Flap
This is held closed with a dot of Velcro. On the inside of the flap, they’ve printed an overview of the various Tracfone plans available for this particular smart phone, along with a summary of how to set up this phone, which we’ll explain in detail in a subsequent post. Auto refill and pay as you go options are mentioned also.
7. Break the Seal at the Top of the Phone’s Box to Continue with Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy J7 Smart Phone
This allows opening of the lid, and subsequent removal of the plastic holder inside that contains the phone itself along with a USB wall charger and cord. Ours had a circular piece of tape, as shown in the next picture. Slice this with a knife or other sharp object.
8. Open the Top of the Phone’s Box
Position the back of the box right side up, and facing you, as shown next.
9. Slide all Contents Out of the Box
There is a two-piece plastic tray within that carries the phone itself, along with the USB wall charger and cable. There is also the red Start Here guide, that is specific to this particular phone, and contains information necessary for setting up your Tracfone. Do not lose this booklet!
10. Remove the Phone from the Inner Plastic Holder to Continue with Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy J7 TracFone
As shown next, the battery has not yet been installed. Nor has the back cover. We’ll take care of that below.
11. Find the Battery and Phone Back in the Inner Plastic Packing Materials
12. Remove the Plastic Wrapping from the Battery
This is a very thin and flat power storage device, rated at 3300 milliamp-hour, 3.85 volts, and 12,71 watt-hours. The battery can be charged using 4.4 volts.
13. Install the Battery
Put the battery into the phone with the label side facing you, and right side up, as shown next. Position the Samsung logo on the battery closest to the phone’s rear facing camera, as shown.
14. Remove the Plastic Wrapping from the Back Cover to Continue with Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy J7
15. Snap the Back Cover onto the J7
This secures and hides the now-installed battery, as shown next. Nice that the battery can be easily replaced by removing this cover, taking the old battery out, installing a new one, and then snapping the back cover into place once again.
16. Flip this Galaxy Phone Over to See its Front
The phone comes with a flexible plastic, darkly tinted screen cover that is affixed to its viewing area, to protect against scratches to the glass during initial packing and shipment. This protector also has the phone’s name (Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro) embossed on it. So you’ll want to remove this cover prior to use, as leaving it in place will degrade the phone’s image quality.
17. Peel Off the Dark Colored Screen Protector
Shown next. Find a corner that appears to be peeling (usually lighter in color). Then grasp that corner with two fingernails, and pull away from the phone.
18. Snap On the Case to Continue with Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy J7 TracFone
Shown next, is our blue paisley case, now attached to the back of the phone.
19. Attach the Wall Charger and Cable
We suggest that you charge your phone for a half-hour or more prior to setting it up. Or, proceed with setup with the phone charging, to assure that you don’t run out of battery power before you complete setup.
Below is a picture of the smart phone charging while powered down. We suggest allowing the green bar to reach fifty percent (half charged) if you plan on setting up the phone without it being plugged into AC power.
Related Posts to Samsung Galaxy J7 Phone Unboxing
- Samsung 27 Inch Curved Monitor Review
- Obihai OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter Review
- AT&T 922 Speakerphone Office Telephone Review
- VoIP Phone Service Pros and Cons
- Apple Earpods Earbuds Earphones for iPod iPhone Review
References for Unboxing Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Smart Phone
- 2019-04-10: Added key phrase targeting and more tags.
- 2017-10-29: Originally published.