This post offers general Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth pairing instructions, to get your speaker playing from your phone, tablet, or other BT source device. First, of course, for new speakers, unpack them and make sure that they have some charge in their batteries. Then, with your speaker turned OFF (all dark top panel LEDs), follow these steps to pair with most any wireless source device. Thus in this demo, we show how this pairing works on an iPad Air 3 tablet. But a like routine works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets too.
Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
1. Unpack and Charge the Speaker
For detailed charging instructions, see our Wonderboom 2 Charging Recharging Instructions post.
2. Next, Visit the Home Screen on your Bluetooth Device
Then press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as shown next on our iPad.
3. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
4. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air 3 then shows the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
5. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with Wonderboom 2 Pairing
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that we switched ON our Bluetooth on this tablet. But since the speaker is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection info. This looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that no Wonderboom 2 appears just yet.
6. Turn On your Speaker
Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, pointed at by yellow arrow, in the next picture.
The Wonderboom 2 then comes on, letting you know this by making a startup sound.
7. Put your Wonderboom 2 into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your iPad Air, place it into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but cool pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts fast-flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
8. Find your Wonderboom 2 on the iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as pointed at by the yellow arrow in the next picture.
9. Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the Bluetooth speaker (appears as “WONDERBOOM 2” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as paired, as pointed at by the yellow arrows in the last picture.
10. Done with Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions !
We have now successfully paired the BT speaker to an iPad Air 3 tablet. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this speaker, which is what you want. Bluetooth set up like this works with most other Bluetooth source devices as well.
Other Posts About the Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- Wonderboom 2 Battery Level Check Instructions
- How to Fix Wonderboom 2 Not Charging Problem
- Wonderboom 2 Buttons Guide
- How to Connect Wonderboom 2 to Alexa Echo Devices
Related Posts to Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing
- JBL Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Sony Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Harman Kardon Invoke Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
Revisions and Changes
- 2022-08-08: First released.