Sometimes, most remote controls develop strange behaviors which need a hard reset to clear up. So in this post, we show you how to reset Xfinity remote XR2 back to its factory default state. If you reset the XR2 though, keep in mind that this remote may not work afterwards until you reprogram it. So, we advise not to run this Xfinity remote reset XR2, unless you know how to set the XR2 up again.
The Reset Xfinity remote XR2 process may fix many problems. For example: Key presses not working. Stuck-on lights. Keys sending the wrong commands The channel UP DOWN buttons change volume wrongly. Pressing the SAT key switches the remote to DVD player mode instead of the SAT mode.
Static charge snaps when you pick up the remote, may change some of the settings. Static can raise these errors. Also, almost-dead batteries may change the remote’s programming.
Xfinity remotes are not immune to these mishaps. And, they will not fix themselves until you reset the remote to its default state. Then, program it again from scratch.
Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 Cautions and Warnings
However, before resetting, make sure you have the remote’s set up instructions The XR2 has them printed on the back.
Also, gather up the make and model numbers of your equipment. That is, get them for your cable box, DVR, TV, and any other device you control with this remote. You’ll need this info to reprogram the remote after the reset.
Finally, put new batteries in. Make sure that you’re working with a fresh set of batteries before reset. You don’t want them to go dead during the reset. Why? Because fading batteries during reset could brick the remote, and render it forever broken.
Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 X11 Remote Control
- First, place the remote into Setup mode. Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Then, Enter the factory reset code. Press the digits 9-8-1. This starts the reset action.
- Then, the reset completes. The LED blinks green two times, to confirm that the remote finished the reset.
- Done! Reset is done, and the remote is now ready for set up.
Related Posts to Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
- Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions to Solve Speaker Problems
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Reset WiFi on Netgear WNCE2001 Internet Adapter
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot WiFi, How To Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Reset Instructions to Solve Many Problems
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- How to Program your Xfinity XR2 Remote from DigitalLanding.com
- Remote Control Buttons Don’t Work – Troubleshooting from Comcast
- 2019-04-20: Removed ad code. Added tags.
- 2018-03-26: Originally published.