The US version of the AC wall adapter for the Logitech Squeezebox Boom internet radio discussed here, features removable but non retractable AC prongs, a six-foot long cord, and its larger size and weightier feel suggests a “heavy duty” class of power supply. It’s rectangular shape features a modest width that supports fitting into a power strip designed to accommodate these sorts of “wall wart” power supplies without blocking adjacent receptacles. Note however, that this adapter will block three outlets in a “standard” power strip.
Nonetheless, it silently delivers approximately 30 watts of energy to the Boom, and offers decent regulation, allowing the radio to deliver deep, driving bass and impressive dynamic range. This is no cheapo power adapter. It appears well constructed, operates with very little heating even at higher output volume levels, and emits little if any detectable RFI and EMI interference. In fact, there’s a large ferrite bead on the non detachable cable, just inches away from the power supply box part, that further suppresses any escaping radio frequency noise.
Power adapter specifications follow
Model: PSC30R-120. Input: 110-240 volts, 50-60 Hz., 0.8 Amps Max. Output: 12 volts DC at 2.5 Amps Max., 67-92 V.A. Made in China. Polarity: Positive center on the DC output “barrel” connector.
Other information on the label, as shown next: C. E. UL listed. Jet. N136. (LT)-R MJ P. V06792. Do not dispose in the regular trash. PHIHONG. For use with Logitech Squeezebox Boom only.
The DC output connector, the metal barrel part, is approximately 10 mm long, with an outer diameter of approximately 5 mm, as shown in the following pictures. The diameter of the positive lead hole at the top of the barrel connector is roughly 3 millimeters.
The adapter plugs into the rear panel of the Squeezebox Boom, as shown in the following pictures.
- Changing Wi-Fi Network on Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio
- Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio Picture Gallery
- Anker USB Charger, Dual Port, 24 Watt Wall Adapter Review
- Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio Review
- USB Wall Charger Specs for the Victor Reader Trek GPS Navigator and DAISY Book Player
- Buy AC Adapter for the Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio on Amazon.com
- CNet Review of the Logitech Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio
- Official Squeezebox Boom Internet Radio Product Support Page from Logitech
- Official User Guide from Logitech
- 2018-02-26: Updated title and tags.
- 2018-02-20: Added a References section, re labeled pictures, and adjusted tags list.
- 2018-02-02: Originally published.