An adequate JBL Clip 2 charger is a USB car or AC charger that delivers a nominal 2 amps at 5 volts (10 watts or more). Note that currently, JBL did not provide a compatible AC or car charger with its Clip 2 Bluetooth speaker. So, you’ll need one already on hand, or buy an accessory charger.
Which Charger Works Well on the JBL Clip 2 Speaker
We’ve successfully charged our Bluetooth JBL Clip 2 speaker with the wall chargers, listed next. Note that all these accessory speaker chargers feature a USB A type female connector. You’ll need a similar adapter to these to connect your Clip 2 to use the orange USB charging cable that comes with the Clip 2, pictured next.
1. RavPower 24 Watt Dual USB Wall Charger
This charger is available at Amazon.com. See it’s product page here. At under twelve dollars US, this dual USB port AC wall charger is small enough for easy portable use, but not so small that you’ll easily lose it. Charges the JBL Clip 2 quickly and completely.
2. Gearmo Ten Port USB Charging Station
This hefty household wall charging station offers all the current you need for charging your Clip 2. It delivers full USB 2.0 power on every one of its ten output ports. So, you won’t raise JBL Clip 2 charging time when you recharge more than one device on it. In fact, this ten port charger supplies enough energy to recharge all models in the JBL Clip line of portable Bluetooth speakers. Find this useful USB accessory here at Amazon.com. We also reviewed this charging station here.
3. CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger for the Clip 2
This CE Tech charging station is another substantial unit, well designed for recharging all JBL Clip speakers in rapid time. This well built USB power hub is available on eBay for under thirty dollars US here. We’ve also reviewed this four port charging station here.
4. GE Jasco Y14 11307 USB Wall Charger, 2.1 Amp, Dual USB Ports, with Night Light
Find this AC USB charger, or one nearly like it at Amazon.com here. At less than twelve dollars, this dual port AC USB wall adapter, with its fold able AC prongs, is small enough to fit in any mobile device accessory kit. It’s also convenient when you take your speaker on vacation, because it features a night light. Makes finding your way around unfamiliar hotel rooms a snap. See our GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Charger, Y14 Review post for more details on this affordable and practical JBL Flip 4 USB charger solution.
5. JBL Charger for the Charge and Xtreme Bluetooth Speakers, Also Recharges the JBL Clip 2
Finally, if you bought the JBL Charge 3 speaker brand new, you no doubt found this JBL AC adapter in the box. We’ve found that while this wall charger does not come with our Clip 2, it charges the speaker very well nonetheless. See our JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker USB AC Charger Adapter Specs for further details.
So, we hope this short list of compatible AC USB adapters helps you choose a suitable JBL Clip 2 charger for your Clip Bluetooth speaker. Good luck.
JBL Clip 2 Charger Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Won’t my JBL Clip 2 Charge?
Defective charger or USB power cable often causes charging problems. So try different but compatible charger adapters and micro USB to A cables.
Also, a broken USB charging port on the Clip 2 can result in low or non charging situations. For this, take the speaker to a qualified technician for a port replacement.
Then too, faulty or aged batteries can refuse to charge. So replace the battery to solve.
Finally, a malfunction in the Clip 2 electronics inside the speaker can cause non charging. Replace the speaker to solve this problem.
JBL Clip 2 Won’t Turn On or Charge. Why?
The internal battery may have discharged completely. Happens when the speaker is run down to non operating status without a battery recharge. Prolonged battery “deadness” can permanently damage the battery, rendering it incapable of recharging. Replacing the battery with a fresh one often solves this problem.
Also, a faulty AC charger or USB cable could result in speaker non responsiveness. To fix, try swapping out the charger and the cord with a known good unit and see if the problem continues.
Finally, see the previous question for further details.
What is the JBL Clip 2 Charge Time?
The Clip 2 JBL speaker can fully recharge in under three hours from a completely dead battery state, when using a wall charger that provides adequate power.
- JBL Clip 2 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Clip 2
- Review: Gearmo® 10-Port Desktop USB Smart Charging Station Dock Hub for iPhone, iPad, and Android Phones and Tablets
- JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker USB Wall Charger Adapter Specs
- RavPower USB Dual Port 24w Wall Charger Review
- GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Wall Charger, Y14 Review
- CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger, PC01, 166878 Review
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions, How to Reset Speaker
- Flip 2 JBL Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- RAVPower Dual USB Wall Charger 24W 4.8A Foldable Plug & iSmart Technology Compatible JBL Flip Bluetooth Speakers and More – White, at Amazon.com
- CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger Mobile Cell PHONES 5ft Cable, at Ebay.com
- USB Charger 10-Port 120W, Multi-Port USB Charging Hub 24A Desktop Power Station for iPhone 7/6s/6 Plus/5S, iPad Pro/Air2/ Mini, Galaxy S7/S6 Edge, at Amazon.com
- GE 11307 USB LED Night Light Charging Station with 2 USB Outlets
- JBL Clip 2 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker Product Page on JBL.com
- 2019-01-10: First published.