There are a few ways for how to adjust volume on UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker. These depend on the app(s) you’re streaming from mostly. Indeed, many apps provide loudness setting control. But this Ultimate Ears speaker by Logitech has two buttons for volume control as well. So you can find these (the BIG + and -) buttons prominently located on the front, as circled in green, in the next picture. The instructions herein cover all of that. So sit back, and learn.
How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Logitech Speaker
You can adjust the volume without using any apps, doing it this way, as follows.
1. Position the Wonderboom UE such that the Button Controls Face You
See the correct speaker position shown next. There are only the volume buttons on the speaker front. Volume UP (+), (near the top) and Volume DOWN (-) (close to the bottom).
2. Next, Set Volume by Pressing the – and + Buttons
Press the (-) button to lower (decrease) the volume. Tap the (+) button at the rto increase (raise) the loudness.
How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker with Siri Voice Commands on iOS
Command Siri to turn Womberboom volume up and down as follows. On your paired mobile device, press and hold the Home button until Siri displays the What can I help you with? prompt, as shown in the next picture.
Then, have her adjust the volume to fifty percent loudness by saying to your device, “Set volume 50.”
Next is an example of Siri responding to a voice command to set the volume to FULL (100 percent).
Note that you need to speak directly to the source device, and NOT the Wonderboom when issuing these requests.
Furthermore, Siri currently understands one scale for volume adjustment: 0-100 percent. Example commands follow. Say these after you’ve awakened her.
- Volume 76.
- Set volume 100 [One hundred percent, full volume].
- Set volume 0 [muted].
- Volume 0.
- Set volume 10 [Ten percent].
- Set volume 10 percent.
- Volume 10.
- Set volume 76 percent.
There are also shortcut commands for minimum and maximum volume setting for the UE Wonderboom, as in:
- Mute. [Sets the volume to zero percent, minimum, muted state.]
- Half volume. [Adjusts volume to fifty percent, or half of full.]
- Set volume full. [Sets speaker volume to maximum, 100 percent.]
- Set volume max. [Sets speaker volume to maximum, 100 percent.]
- Volume half. [Adjusts volume to fifty percent, or half of full.]
- Volume minimum. [Sets the volume to zero percent, minimum, muted state.]
How to Adjust Volume on Wonderboom UE Logitech Speaker on Bluetooth Source Device (Another Way)
You can adjust Wonderboom volume with the controls on the paired iOS and Android source devices as well.
However, we found that volume adjustments on the speaker do not change the volume setting on our Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Android phone. For this phone, the volume buttons on the speaker seemed to adjust the volume of the amplifiers within the BT speaker itself, and not the phone volume.
In this demo , we’re playing YouTube videos on our iPad Air, and streaming to the UE Wonderboom via the Bluetooth connection.
1. Pair your UE Wonderboom
We’ll add posts presently that show how to pair the JBL Flip 3 with a source Bluetooth device.
2. Next, Begin Playing a Music Source
Start streaming an internet radio station, a song from YouTube, Pandora, or Spotify, or an Audible book. In this scenario, we streamed YouTube audio to our Wonderboom UE, as shown next.
3. Then, Use your Source Mobile Device’s Volume Control Buttons to Adjust the Volume of the Wonderboom
See this done in the next picture.
Note the volume adjuster square with a speaker inside of it in the last picture. Then, this box appears anytime you tap the volume controls on the iOS device.
Also note that the volume change you experience on the Wonderboom lags by a second or so. Why? Because of the latency (delay) of the commands going across the Bluetooth medium to the UE. Indeed, even the latest versions of the Bluetooth protocol introduce some perceptible audio delay.
Now again, we’re not covering here how to set Wonderboom volume for individual apps. So, we leave that as an exercise for the reader.
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting UE Wonderboom Logitech Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- How to Tell if Wonderboom UE is Charging
- Google Home Mini Volume, How to Set Instructions
- How to Charge UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- Pairing Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Speaker with iPad Air Instructions
Log of Revisions
- 2019-02-12: First published.