This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB31 Extra Bass wireless speaker by way of Bluetooth to common portable devices. E.g. These include the Apple line of device like the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. This routine also works for Android base devices as well, such as Samsung and LG phones, as well as Amazon Fire tablets.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB31
With your SRS XB31 powered OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source BT mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air computer for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB31
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our Sony SRS XB31 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our mobile device before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRX XB31 Speaker
Turn on the speaker by quickly pressing its Power-Pairing button. See this, pointed at by the cyan arrow, in the next picture.
The unit then powers up, and its status lamp glows white, as we in the next picture.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB31 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker in Pairing Mode
Now, to see your XB31 on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. So to accomplish that, press and hold the Power-Pairing button, and release when you hear the rising pitch beep sequence and the speaker announces, “Bluetooth pairing,” in a lady’s voice. Find the Power-Pairing button as pictured above.
In addition to the voice announcement, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins flashing fast blue.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB31
See the screen shot next. We found our XB31, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Now Pair with the XB31
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the Bluetooth speaker.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB31 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB31 !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB31 BT speaker with with a common mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to How to Pair the Sony SRS XB31
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB32 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB01 Bluetooth Speaker How to Pair
- Sony SRS XB10 BT Speaker, How to Pair
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB21 Bluetooth Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB31
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB31 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on the XB31
- Telling if the XB31 is Charging
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB31 Wireless Speaker
- 2021-09-28: First published.