The Xtreme JBL power bank speaker has a row of LEDs across its lower front panel, as shown in the following pictures. These display battery fullness and charging status. In short, the JBL Xtreme battery indicator lets you see charging progress, and how full the battery is when away from mains power.
How to Read the JBL Xtreme Battery Indicator Lights
1. All LEDs OFF
When you power down the JBL Xtreme with no charger connected, no lamps glow, as shown next. The lamps also all show dark when the charger IS connected but the battery finished charging to full.
2. JBL Xtreme Battery Indicator Shows Recharging Progress
There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging advances, as shown in the next picture. This speaker is charging when you see one of these lamps blinking white. When the battery is at almost complete discharge, the light on the far left blinks red prior to charging, and flashes white once you begin charging. Then as charging continues, that lamp stops flashing, and assumes a steady white glow. At that point, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid, Charging is About Done
As speaker charging progresses, more and more of the lamps on the JBL Xtreme 1 charging indicator light up solid, That is, the flashing white LED moves further and further to the right, until that blinking reaches the last of these five lamps.
Battery charging is almost done when all but the last of the battery indicator lamps light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes. Again, you know that charging is occurring if one of the charge level lamps is flashing white.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all indicator lights turn off, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
4. The JBL Xtreme Battery Indicator also Shows Battery Fullness when Not Charging
When unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery indicator. The more lights lit, the fuller the battery. The fewer glowing lamps, the less speaker run time is left. These lamps show battery status for a brief time after you power up the Xtreme, or whenever you press any of the buttons. To save power, these lamps go dark after some seconds. So to see how much battery charge remains once more, just press the volume UP or DOWN buttons to bring the lamps back to life.
Related Posts to JBL Xtreme Battery Indicator
- JBL Xtreme 2 Charging Indicator, Battery Indicator Details
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- JBL Clip 2 Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- Determining Wonderboom Speaker Battery Life and Level
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Battery Life, How Long Battery Should Last
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Charger Cord Specs
References for JBL Xtreme Battery Indicator
- 2020-08-12: First published.