The US version of the power adapter for the Amazon Alexa Generation 1 Echo smart speaker discussed here, features non retracting AC prongs, a six-foot long permanently attached cord, and is surprisingly light weight for its 21 watt power delivery capacity. It’s typical square yet modest width and height allows easy fitting into a standard power strip or wall outlet without blocking adjacent receptacles, as shown next.
Nonetheless, it silently delivers that 21 watts of energy to the smart speaker, and offers good regulation, allowing the speaker to deliver deep bass, crisp treble, and impressive audio dynamic range. This is by no means a cheapo AC power adapter. It appears well constructed though it is permanently sealed, operates with very little heating even at higher output volume levels, and emits little if any detectable RFI and EMI interference. While not designed for easy repair, the low cost of switching supply wall adapters such as this, really makes repairing these sorts of ITE devices obsolete.
AC Power Adapter Specs
Model: PS73BR. LO P/N: PA-1210-1AW1. Input: 110-240 volts, 50-60 Hz., 0.5 Amps Max. Output: 15 volts at 1.4 Amps. UL Listed: 9T54. For indoor use. Polarity: Positive center on the DC output “barrel” connector.
The DC output connector, the metal barrel part, is approximately 10 mm long, with an outer diameter of approximately 4 mm.
The diameter of the positive lead hole at the top of the barrel connector is roughly 3 mm.
This power adapter, including its cable and connector, weighs approximately 4 ounces.
- Amazon Echo Best Features List
- How to Adjust Volume on Amazon Echo 1st Gen Smart Speaker
- Original Amazon Echo Smart Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Reset Amazon Echo Gen 1 Speaker Back to Factory Default State
- Where is the Reset Button on the Original Amazon Echo Smart Speaker
- Replacement Echo Power Cord – Charger and Power Adapter for Amazon Echo and Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation), from Amazon.com
- Amazon Echo PSU / Power Supply Spec
- 2017-12-12: Originally published.