The GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Charger, model Y14, is one of the cheapest high-current USB wall adapters we know.
At under $14 per copy, this AC USB adapter charges even the highest demand tablet computers, and does so about as quickly as the stock chargers that come with these devices. It’s got some real muscle, and this home charger can replace just about any stock charger, without sacrificing performance. Yet it often costs only about half the price of a stock adapter. We’ve used ours mostly every day over the past year or so, and it charges now, just as quickly as it did when we first bought it. It seems therefore, to be quite electronically reliable.
Benefits, Pros, Features, and Advantages of this GE Jasco USB Charger
You can buy for less than $14.
Built In Blue Night Light
LED illuminated faceplate, with the USB power ports. This lamp is bright enough to light up a bedroom enough to see your way around. Makes this charger easy to find in darkness too, like when it’s behind a desk or under a table.
Retractable AC Plug Prongs
The AC prongs fold into slots in the rugged white plastic case, protecting them from bending and damage, and making for simple storage of the charger.
No buzzing, humming, whistling, and only very small frying sounds are heard while this is plugged in and charging a device.
No Radio Interference
Little, if any, interference to AM radio was observed.
Easy to Plug In and Out
The case is large enough to grasp easily, but not so big that it covers the second receptacle in a 2-receptacle outlet. Compact design, for sure.
Provides up to 2.1 amps of USB charging current. We often charge our Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro SM-T900 (very large tablet computer) with the Y-14. We’ve also successfully charged iPads, iPods, many smart phones, and Kindle Fire HDX tablets with this nightlight / charger combo.
Stable Voltage Output
Voltage regulation appears quite good over the entire range of drawn currents. Holds very steady at 5 volts output.
Cool to Luke Warm Operation
The Y-14 gets somewhat warm while charging. But never does it get too hot to handle.
Dual Port USB Power
You get one high current and one normal current USB port.
Reliable Switch Mode Technology
Features switching power supply technology, which makes this unit very compact and light, yet capable of delivering the hefty current needed to power today’s most demanding USB mobile devices.
Works with Standard North American AC Outlets
Input is 100-240 volts AC 60Hz, 0.3 amps. Output is 5 volts DC, at 2.1 amps max.
90-day Limited Warranty
Problems, Cons, Disadvantages, and Limitations with this GE Jasco USB Charger
The Two Ports are Not the Same
The sum total USB current is 2.1 amps, spread across the two USB ports. If you’re charging a 2.1 amp device in one port, there’ll be little current left for any device plugged into the other. In this way, the ports “interfere” with each other. Not completely isolated from one another.
Only Charges One high-Current USB Device at Once
That’s true even though this adapter has two USB ports.
No Charge Cables Included
Indoor Use Only
Charging devices nearly every night with the GE Y14 dual USB charger has never left us disappointed. Devices always charged fully, and lasted the full time per charge, as documented in their users guides. We’re pleased with how well this wall charger performs, and yet it costs so little. Thanks to this unit, we never order stock charger replacements for our mobile devices anymore. This is a well-designed and well-constructed USB appliance, and so, we’d rate it at 96 out of 100.
Related Posts to JBL Charge 4 Charger Specs
- JBL Flip 4 Charger Replacement Suggestions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Charger Specs & Details
- Wonderboom Speaker Charger, Which One to Use
- JBL Charge 3 Charger Adapter Specs
- Anker USB Charger, Dual Port Wall Adapter Review
- JBL Flip 2 Charger Replacement Adapter Suggestions
- Google Mini Charger Specs for Mini Google Speaker
- JBL Clip 2 Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- CE Tech USB Charger 166878 PC01 Review, 4 Port, Wall
- iClever IC TC02 Dual USB Wall Charger Review
- Xtreme Phone Charger Review, LFS0502100D-A8S
- CE Tech Dual USB Charger Review, Model 0000-160-806
- JBL Xtreme Charger Cord Specs
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charger, Which to Buy
- JBL Flip 5 Charger Type, Replacement
- iXCC iPhone Charger Station 30w Review
- Google Home Mini Charger Specs for Google Mini Speaker
- RavPower 24w Wall Charger Review, USB, Dual Port
- iWorld Car Charger Review, for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
- Victor Reader Trek Charger Adapter Specs
- JBL Charge 4 Charger Adapter Specs
- iWorld iPhone iPod Wall Charger Review
References for the GE Jasco USB Charger
- 2019-02-25: Added subheading and keyword targeting. Also applied more tags and fixed some typos.
- 2017-02-04: Revised the tags list.
- 2015-11-30: Added appropriate tags.
- 2015-10-09: Added appropriate tags and tweaked the text.
- 2014-12-11: Adjusted ad placement and revised content.
- 2014-11-02: Originally published this post.