The Google Chromecast Audio receiver now offers basic equalizer controls (bass and treble). These you can set on a per device basis via today’s Google Home app. We show here how to adjust bass treble on Google Chromecast Audio receiver. You may set these controls as follows.
How to Adjust Bass Treble on Google Chromecast Audio Receiver
1. Bring up the Google Home App on your Mobile Device
You then get its Home screen as shown next. We’re running this demo on the iOS platform.
2. Tap the Main Menu (Hamburger) Item
The Google App main menu then appears, as shown next.
3. Tap the Devices Menu Item
You then get a list of registered Google Home devices. You see receivers that are on the same WiFi network as your tablet / phone. We’re showing our devices list in the next picture.
4. Scroll Down the List to the Chromecast Audio Receiver you’re Adjusting
Do this as we did with ours in the next picture.
5. Tap the Receiver’s Control Menu Button
Find this in the top right hand corner of its card for the Chromecast device that you’re setting (the ellipses).
This brings up the chosen device’s control menu, as shown in the next picture for our Chromecast device.
6. Tap the Chromecast Audio Receiver’s Settings Item in its Control Menu
The control options screen then displays, as shown next. Scroll down on that screen until you find the Equalizer option. It’s under the Sound Settings heading. See ours in the next screenshot.
7. Tap the Equalizer Option
You should then see the equalizer slider screen, as shown next.
Note the circled device name to which the settings on this screen pertain. E.g. The Bedroom Speakers device. This tells us that we’re gong to set the same speaker (Bedroom Speakers) that we chose in the previous steps.
Also note the bass and treble controls, also circled. These are what you’ll move around in the next step.
8. Set the Bass and Treble Levels
Do this by dragging the corresponding slider left (decreasing bass or treble) or right (increasing bass or treble). See these controls on the last screenshot.
Tap and hold right over the blue dot of the control you want to change. Then, while keeping contact with the screen surface with your finger. Then, slide that finger left or right to change.
Changes in the audio output of the Chromecast Audio receiver should appear without delay. If you do not hear changing bass and treble sound characteristics while moving these sliders, check the following. You may have picked the wrong speaker from the devices list. So check that this screen indeed controls the device you wished. Check its device name, again, as shown in the upper left corner.
There are no Submit buttons to press after you set these controls. Changes to them take effect right away. They stay in effect until you again move the bass and treble sliders. Current settings remain, even when you close the Google Home app.
- Google Chromecast Audio Receiver USB Power Adapter Specs
- How to Reboot the Google Chromecast Audio Receiver Device
- Unboxing and Connecting Google Chromecast Audio Receiver
- How to Adjust Bass and Treble on Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Where is the Reset Button on the Google Chromecast Audio Receiver
- Sound Settings, Chromecast Help, from Google Support
- Change your sound settings, Google Home Help, Google Support
- 2017-12-03: Originally published.