We show you here how to factory reset your JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings and state. The factory reset routine on the Clip 2, works as described next.
Factory resetting restores the Clip 2 to a known-good state. Plus, this erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory, which then stops the 2 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after factory reset. Also, you might do this to get the speaker ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with whenever you turn it on.
How to Factory Reset the JBL Clip 2
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, where the last picture above shows it to be.
Then, the status light comes on, as we see next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound as it boots. The Clip 2 is ready for use when this riff finishes.
Now it may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about this speaker. But whether paired or not, factory reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together to Continue with How to Factory Reset JBL Clip 2
Find the Phone and UP Volume buttons. The Phone button is in the middle of the left side panel of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is to its left, as circled in the next picture.
The Clip 2 then performs the factory reset.
Next, within a second or two, the unit powers off after this very quick operation finishes. You’ll hear the falling guitar strum sounds, and see the status lamp go dark, as we see in the next picture.
4. Check that the Factory Reset of the JBL Clip 2 Did Indeed Happen
Next, power on the Clip Two again, as detailed in step 1.
Note that after a factory reset, the speaker comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing blue.
5. Done with How to Factory Reset the JBL Clip 2 !
The factory reset is now done. So you may gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that’s in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic pairing, you would first manually pair the Clip 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both the Clip 2 and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range of one another, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 2
- JBL Clip 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Specs
- How to Fix JBL Clip 2 Not Charging Problem
- JBL Clip 2 Software Update Instructions
- How to Turn On the JBL Clip 2 Speaker
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset JBL Clip 2
- How to Factory Reset a Sony SRS XG500 Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting the JBL Pulse 3 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset JBL Go 2 Portable Speaker
- How to Factory Reset a Sony Cube Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting a JBL Flip 6 Speaker
References for How to Factory Reset JBL Clip 2
- 2022-08-05: First posted.