Show you how to reset your Sony SRS XB43 Extra Bass speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores the XB43 to default state. Plus, resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
How to Reset the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn the Speaker ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up and announce that it has paired, should it connect to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound at all if it does not. Whether the unit pairs or not though, this reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB43 then enters reset mode.
Then after a miniscule pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB43, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB43 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, the XB43 comes up in discovery mode. The Pairing Mode lamp double blinks blue to let you know this. This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Reset the Sony SRS XB43 !
The reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a reset, the XB43 no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to restore auto pairing, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to How to Reset Sony SRS XB43
- How to Reset Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Reset Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- Resetting the Sony SRS XB13 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB10 Wireless Speaker
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB12 Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB43 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Light
- How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB43
- 2021-09-20: First published.