The Disney Plus streaming service came online in 2019. With this you can watch many movies and shows in the Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, or Marvel collections. Further, for vision impaired and blind users, many of these shows have a narrator track. In that track, an announcer tells you what’s going on on the screen as the video plays. You can hear this narration by turning it on in the Disney Plus app. But many users often turn on the narrator by mistake when they don’t want it. And then they don’t know how to shut it off again. So in this post, we show how to take off the narrator feature on Disney Plus, as follows.
How to Take Off Narrator on Disney Plus: Prerequisites
Well, you can’t take this off, unless you have set up the following first.
- A Disney Plus subscription.
- Access to the Disney Plus app, whether on your phone, tablet, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, et al.
How to Take Off Narrator on Disney Plus: Step by Step
- Bring up this app and start playing a movie.
- Then, tap the middle of the screen to bring up the transport controls (Play / Pause, Skip Back, Skip Forward).
- Tap the More Settings square near the top right corner of the screen. This brings up a list of player settings.
- Next, in the Audio list, tap the English option. Or, choose any other option besides one with the letters AD in its name. This takes OFF the narrator voice.
- Then, tap the X button on this Settings screen. Find it in the top right corner of the screen. Touching this button takes you back to the movie screen.
- Finally, tap the Play button to start your movie playing if it is not playing already. You should no longer hear the narrator.
Other Posts About Disney Plus
References for How to Take Off Narrator on Disney Plus
- 2020-12-13: First published.