When the Power button on your JBL Clip 2 speaker is not working, this usually means one or more things as follows.
- Dead Battery. The internal battery is empty needs a recharge for continued speaker use. Use a commercially available USB charger for this.
- Faulty AC Adapter. The power adapter charger is defective. So replace it with a charger that delivers 5 volts, at 0.5 amps (at least 2.5 watts).
- Faulty USB Power Port. The micro USB input port for charging the speaker may be damaged, a common problem seen on this speaker. So replace this if you have the necessary skills.
- Faulty Battery. That battery no longer recharges due to old age, repeatedly overcharging, very long storage without recharging, or heavy use. Replace the battery in this case with one that delivers 3.7 volts at 0.8 amp hours (3 watt-hours, roughly).
- Dirty Button Contacts. The button panel has sand, dirt, or other debris preventing the Power button from making proper contact when you poke it. For this, you can, if so skilled, clean the switches by disassembling the speaker, and blowing or brushing out the contact area.
- The Buttons Panel Has Failed. The switch panel is defective, and the answer here is to replace it. These parts are often available on eBay.
- Faulty Speaker. Your speaker is broken beyond repair. If you determine this, then the best bet is just to get a new speaker.
Related Posts to JBL Clip 2 Power Button Not Working
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
References for Power Button Not Working on the JBL Clip 2 Speaker
- 2023-01-26: First published.