Gives JBL Flip 5 speaker restart instructions, for returning it to default settings. Restarting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from internal memory. Wiping these stops it from pairing to any in-range Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, you might restart the Flip 5 JBL to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to link with automatically.
JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. Here, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising rock guitar strum sound when it powers up. The Flip 5 is ready for use once this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then enters restart, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that the Speaker Restart Worked
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Now this time, after restart, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as shown next. Note that the Bluetooth button blinks white to denote this. When the Bluetooth button blinks, this means that the JBL Flip 5 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a restart.
5. Done with JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart !
Restarting is now finished. You may now pack up the speaker for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. The unit will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the JBL Flip 5 with a tablet or phone. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Charger Type, Replacement
- Flip 5 JBL Speaker Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- JBL Flip 5 Specs, Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to Alexa
- JBL Flip 5 Buttons Explained, Codes, Meaning, Functions
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart
- Google Home Mini Restart Instructions
- Charge 3 Restart Instructions to Fix Pairing Problems
- Samsung J7 Force Restart Instructions
- Honeywell Thermostat Restart Instructions
- Restart Amazon Echo Instructions
- Restart Echo Dot Instructions, How to Restart Alexa Dots
References for JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart Instructions
- 2020-07-27: First published.