There are a few ways for how to set the volume control on the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth speaker. Furthermore, these depend on the app(s) you’re playing from mostly. Many apps provide volume controls. Plus, this JBL speaker has two buttons for volume control. Find these (the + and -) buttons across its top. Note though, that you cannot set volume with the JBL Connect app on this BT speaker.
How to Change Loudness Using the JBL Go 3 Volume Control
First, you can set the volume control without using any apps as follows.
1. Lay Out the Speaker such that the JBL Logo and Raised Controls Face You
See the correct speaker position shown next. There are three buttons in this row, which, again, we find across the top of the speaker. These include the Volume DOWN (-), and Volume UP (+), controls.
2. Work the JBL Go 3 Volume Control by Pressing the – and + Buttons
Press the (-) button at the left side of the top panel to reduce the volume. Tap the (+) button at the right center of the speaker to increase the volume.
3. Done !
How to Set the JBL Go 3 Volume Control with Siri Voice Commands on iOS and iPadOS
Next is an example of giving Siri a voice command to set the volume to half (50 percent).
Briefly press the Home button to get Siri’s attention. Then ask her to raise and lower the volume as follows.
Next is an example of Siri responding to a voice command to set the volume to FULL (100 percent).
Siri currently understands one scale for volume adjustment: 0-100 percent. Example commands follow. Say these after you’ve pressed the Play / Pause to wake her up.
- Set volume 0 [muted].
- Volume 0.
- Set volume 10 [Ten percent].
- Set volume 10 percent.
- Volume 10.
- Set volume 76 percent.
- Volume 76.
- Set volume 100 [One hundred percent, full volume].
There are also shortcut commands for min and max volume setting, as in:
- Mute. [Sets the volume to zero percent, minimum, muted state.]
- Half volume. [Adjusts volume to fifty percent, or half of full.]
- Set volume full. [Sets speaker volume to maximum, 100 percent.]
- Set volume max. [Sets speaker volume to maximum, 100 percent.]
- Volume half. [Adjusts volume to fifty percent, or half of full.]
- Volume minimum. [Sets the volume to zero percent, minimum, muted state.]
Other Ways to Change the JBL Go 3 Volume Control
Besides the volume control on the speaker, you can also adjust volume with the buttons on the paired source device too, including iPadOS, iOS, and Android devices.
But, we find that volume adjustments on the speaker do not change the volume setting on our Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Phone Pro Android phone. In fact, for this device, the volume control on the speaker seemed to set the gain of the amplifiers on the speaker itself, and not the phone volume. Indeed we heard distortion in the speaker, with its volume set to half while the phone volume was at full (100 percent). So, just be aware of this so you can avoid “over driving” the JBL Go 3 with your Android device.
In this demo though, we’re playing YouTube content on our iPad Air, and streaming to the JBL Go 3 via the Bluetooth connection. To make that happen, do the following.
1. Pair your JBL Go 3 to your Mobile Device
2. Begin Playing a Music Source
Start streaming an internet radio station, a song from YouTube or Spotify for example, or an Audible book. In this demo, we streamed YouTube audio to the speaker, as shown next.
3. Use your Source Mobile Device’s Volume Control Buttons to Set the Volume of the JBL Go 3
See this done in the next picture.
Note the purple arrowed volume setter square with a speaker inside of it in the last picture.
Also note that the volume change you hear on the speaker lags by a second or so. Why? Because of the latency (delay) of the commands going across the Bluetooth airwaves.
Finally, again, we’re not covering here how to set volume for individual apps. So, we leave figuring out how to do this as a reader exercise.
Related Posts to JBL Go 3 Volume Control
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- Adjusting Volume on JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on Google Home Mini
- Adjusting Volume on Microsoft Invoke Speaker, How To
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 4 BT Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Know if JBL Go 3 Speaker is Fully Charged
- JBL Go 3 Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Charge JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Bass Boost JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 3 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
- 2021-07-25: First published.