The Xtreme 2 JBL Bluetooth speaker by Harman Kardon is a medium power, shoulder-carry style unit with enough RMS watts in its specs to fill a mid to large size room with decent sounding tunes.
But what do the watts a BT speaker has, tell us about how good it is? Firstly, the watt is a measure of how much power the speaker requires and outputs. Plus, this metric is a telling comparison measure. Why? Because generally, speakers with more audio watts tend to play louder than those with less.
While they do cost more, have larger, heavier, and costlier batteries and chargers, along with bigger drivers and magnets, they nonetheless offer some huge plusses too. They have more dynamic range, a deeper bass response, and the models like this one that play in stereo offer a bigger soundstage and better sound imaging to listeners.
Thus in general, the more powerful the speaker, the better it sounds, even at lower volume. You get improved clarity due to higher accuracy reproduction of the bass, midrange, and treble parts of the music. Plus, more reserve power likely means less clipping distortion too, even at higher volumes. So, the speaker’s max watts output is a primary indicator of its quality and performance. And as such, this value is of great interest to audiophiles and novice listeners alike.
In this case, the Xtreme 2, as a medium size party speaker, is a surprisingly loud model for all the bigger it is. Its tens of watts can fill a bar, swimming pool, or other party area with clear and full music. See below for details on its power output.
JBL Xtreme 2 Specs Watts Details
- Battery Capacity: 37 watt-hours (3.7 volts, 10,000 milliamp-hours (mAh)).
- AC Charger Power: 57 watts (19 volts at 3 amps).
- Power Bank Output Power: 10 watts (5 volts, 2.0 amps max).
- Play Time Per Recharge: Up to `15 hours.
- Total Audio Output Power on AC (RMS): 40 watts.
- Total Peak Audio Power: 56.56 watts.
- Output Power per Channel: 20 watts RMS (Two channels in this speaker).
Notes on JBL Xtreme 2 Specs Watts
- This speaker may not input enough enough power from a low power or malfunctioning AC adapter (under 50 watts capacity) to keep the battery from discharging when playing at full volume, depending on what you’re listening to. So it could happen that even with the Xtreme 2 fed from external power, you could still see the music shut OFF abruptly. Thus on the (rare) times that this happens, just stop playing the unit for an hour or so, to let it build up some reserve battery power while charging. Then, fire it up again for continued party enjoyment. If this happens frequently, you may need a new AC adapter, and in that case, we recommend the replacement power supply specifically designed for the Xtreme 2 from JBL.
Related Posts to JBL Xtreme 2 Specs Watts
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 2 Wireless Speaker
- 2023-01-22: First published.