We show here how to reset the JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker, to return it to its default factory settings. Resetting the JBL Xtreme 2 restores this speaker to factory default settings. Plus, it also clears any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the JBL Xtreme 2’s memory. Erasing old settings stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby active Bluetooth devices after the reset that happen to be in range. Also, you might reset your speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to link with.
How to Reset JBL Xtreme 2
1. Turn on the JBL Xtreme 2
When this speaker is off, all buttons are dark, including the Power button, as shown next.
Then, press and release the Power button. That button should right away light up as shown in the following pictures. Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above, pointed at by the green arrow.
Next, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with our tablet before this, it automatically pairs with it now. We know that because the Power button glows solid blue, rather than blinking blue or white. Yours may glow different colors or flash patterns depending on the speaker’s pairing state.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. You may proceed to reset the JBL Xtreme 2 after this sound dies down. If your speaker pairs with an in-range Bluetooth device, you’ll also hear the three rising single guitar notes a few seconds after the startup cord. At any rate, whether or not the speaker pairs with a Bluetooth device does not change how you reset it. In either case, the reset procedure is the same, as we describe next.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons on this Xtreme JBL 2 speaker.
The reset process then begins on the JBL Xtreme 2, as shown in the next picture.
Note that both the Power and Connect buttons light up for a couple seconds as the reset advances. The Power button glows a pale blue or white, and the Connect button glows gray-white for a second or two. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Xtreme 2 turns off. All the lights go out, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Next, Check that Resetting JBL Xtreme 2 Did Indeed Happen
Next, power on the JBL Xtreme 2 again, as detailed in step 1 earlier. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, after reset, our speaker immediately comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as pictured next.
Note that we did not press the Bluetooth button first, since after a reset, the speaker automatically enters BT pairing mode. Note that the Power button blinks blue to show that this mode is in effect. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the speaker is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
5. Done with How to Reset the JBL Xtreme 2 !
Reset of the JBL Xtreme 2 speaker is finished at last. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
The JBL Xtreme 2 will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired in-range Bluetooth device in Bluetooth pairing mode. So, to restore automatic BT pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired speaker listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once done, then manually pair the speaker with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically happen once again.
Related Posts to How to Reset JBL Xtreme 2
- How to Reset Echo Dot Speaker Assistant
- How to Reset Google Home Mini Speaker
- Reset Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 to Factory Settings, How To
- How to Reset Alexa Echo Gen 2 Dot to Factory Settings
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF, How To
- How to Reset Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Factory Reset
- Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Echo Spot Smart Speaker, Restore Proper Operation
- How to Reset Instant Pot WiFi Pressure Cooker
- Reset Alexa Echo Speaker, How To
- How to Reset HP Deskjet 3632 to Solve Problems
- Reset Xfinity Remote XR2 U2 Remote, How To
- How to Reset JBL Speaker Flip 5, Reset Bluetooth
- How to Reset Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- Reset Google Home Speakers, How To
- How to Reset JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 2 Power Bank Speaker
References for How to Reset JBL Xtreme 2
- 2020-07-08: First published.