Follow these JBL Xtreme charging instructions for convenient recharging of this Bluetooth speaker via its hidden DC input charging port, discussed below.
JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions Summary
In short, first, we recommend recharging the Xtreme with the included JBL charger. Why? Because this charger meets the speaker’s current requirements and is provided by JBL. Presumably, JBL feels that this is a well-matched charger since they include it with the speaker. So, we won’t buck any systems here, although in a pinch, you could fully charge the Xtreme with other non JBL wall chargers. But we won’t explore those possibilities here.
It’s time to recharge the Xtreme when the battery status gauge shows a single flashing red light, as shown in the next picture.
When you see the blinking red lamp, connect the black barrel DC output jack included with the speaker between the Xtreme and that power adapter. Then, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet in order to recharge the speaker to full.
Finally after a few hours, your JBL Xtreme speaker fully recharges. Then, you’ll be able to play it again for roughly fifteen hours before you have to charge it again.
JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions, Step-by-Step
1. For Best Results, Use the Included Power Adapter
As mentioned above, we’re using the JBL wall charger AC adapter included with the JBL Xtreme, as shown next.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Xtreme Speaker
Grasp the orange zipper on the lower back of the Xtreem, and pull it to the left, opening port cover. This exposes the USB power out and charging input port inside, as shown next.
3. Plug in the DC Power Cord to the JBL Xtreme to Continue with JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions
Then, plug the barrel connector end of the wall adapter’s charge cord into the matching DC input port on the speaker, as shown next.
4. Plug the AC Power Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
Now that the Xtreme and the JBL AC adapter are connected, we plug the charger into a functioning AC outlet, as shown next.
At least one of the battery status lamps lights up on the Xtreme when you apply DC input power. There are five lamps on this Xtreme speaker that light in succession as internal battery charging progresses.
5. Allow the JBL Xtreme to Charge Until All Battery Power Lights Go Off
Battery charging is almost complete when all but the last of the battery status lights light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes more to top off the charge, as shown next.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights go out, as shown next.
6. Unplug the DC Charging Cable from the Xtreme JBL Speaker to Continue with JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions
The next picture shows the round charging port on the Xtreme after we removed the charge cord.
7. Fully Zip Up the Water Resistant Port Door
Note that unless this power port opening flap is zipped completely closed, water could enter the input and output connector ports area, and likely damage the Xtreme speaker components inside. So, take special care to completely zip the port door closed on this speaker, to get full water resistance protection while not charging.
See how this port door looks when fully closed and sealed in the next picture.
8. Done with JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions !
We have now fully charged our JBL Xtreme portable Bluetooth speaker. Note that the battery charge status gauge just after turning on the Xtreme after a full recharge. All lamps are aglow, meaning that the speaker is current fully charged, as shown in the next picture.
Repeat this process every fifteen hours of music play to keep its battery in good condition. We charge ours when the battery status gauge lights show just one lamp glowing.
Charging JBL Xtreme Instructions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Does my JBL Xtreme Keep Turning Off?
An aging internal battery may cause this, as the battery can no longer deliver the minimum current the Xtreme needs to work properly. Installing a new battery often solves this issue. We suggest though, that you consult a qualified electronics technician to install a new battery.
How to Charge JBL Xtreme?
This post details the steps necessary above for recharging the JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker.
What’s the JBL Xtreme Charge Time?
The Xtreme speaker fully charges between three and four hours, depending on the state of the battery when recharging starts. This assumes that you use the charger that comes with the speaker. Other wall chargers may take longer to fully recharge the Xtreme speaker.
How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme? How to Reset JBL Xtreme Speaker?
To restore the Xtreme to factory default settings and state, follow the routine given in our JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions – How to Reset JBL Xtreme Speaker article.
How to Turn Off JBL Xtreme?
When the speaker is ON, the power button glows or flashes either blue or white depending on the mode it’s currently in. Press this button to shut it off. All lights should go out within a couple seconds. The speaker should also play that JBL trademark falling guitar cord sound.
How to Turn On JBL Xtreme Speaker?
No lights glow, and no sound comes from the Xtreme when it’s OFF. Turn it on by pressing the Power button. See the Power button location shown in the next picture.
What Does the JBL Xtreme Red Light Flashing Mean?
When you see the red light blinking on the Xtreme’s battery level gauge, this means that the battery has very little charge left, and that the speaker will shut off within an hour if not recharged. See the red light we’re talking in the last picture above, pointed out by the green arrow. Note though that this lamp never flashes red with a correctly working charger connected and powered on. As you recharge the Xtreme from a completely dead state, this lamp blinks white.
Related Posts to JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
- UE Roll 1 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- Clip 2 JBL Speaker Charging Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Charging Instructions for Longest Play
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Charging UE Wonderboom Instructions, Step by Step
- JBL Flip 2 Charging Instructions, How To Recharge
- Logitech Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions – How to Reset JBL Xtreme Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Pair JBL Xtreme with Google Home Speakers, Home Max Mini, 2019
- JBL Xtreme Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch ON
References for JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions
- 2020-04-07: Added tags.
- 2019-04-27: Added tags.
- 2019-01-06: First published.