The Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Extra Bass speaker has a battery level indicator LED near the bottom of the button panel, as shown in the following pictures. This displays battery status. E.g. Whether it’s draining or charging, or whether it’s critically low or not when discharging. But it neither reads out charging progress, or how full the battery is at a given time while charging or draining. But it does flash when the battery reaches near-dead state. In this piece, we describe how to read the battery level and charging indicator lamp on the XB10.
How to Read the Sony SRS XB10 Battery Level Indicator Light
1. The Lamp is OFF
When you power down the XB10 with no charger connected, this lamp, labeled as the CHG light, is dark. The lamp is also dark when the charger IS connected but the battery finished charging to full, as shown next. It’s also OFF when the speaker itself it powered ON, but the battery is fuller than critically low.
2. The Sony XB10 Battery Level Indicator Light Blinks Orange
With the charger not connected, the XB10 powered ON, and the battery having very little energy left, the CHG light starts blinking orange. This means that the speaker will soon shut off due to a dead battery and that you should put it on the charge soon.
3. Sony SRS XB10 Battery Level Indicator Doubles as a Charging Light, that Shows Battery Recharging is in Progress
The CHG lamp lights up orange (no flashing) as the XB10 charges, as shown in the next picture. On this speaker, the glowing light is the only visual means of knowing that charging is going on. But it does not display how far along the charging is.
Also note that this light never flashes while charging is going on.
4. When the Light Goes Out While Charging, Then Charging is Done
As speaker charging continues, the light keeps glowing, But eventually, battery recharging finishes, and the lamp goes out to show this. It turns off when the speaker is not ON, and stays OFF when the XB10 is ON.
5. The Sony SRS XB10 Battery Level / Charging Indicator Is Not Much of a Charge Remaining Meter
When unplugged from the charger, what was the charging indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. Well sort of. If it is dark when the speaker is ON, then the battery has some amount of play time left, although you cannot tell how much.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB10 Battery Level Indicator
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Checking Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Lights
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- JBL Charge 3 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB10 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB10 Buttons Meanings Combinations Codes
- How to Put Sony SRS XB10 in Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB10 Google Assistant Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB10 Specs, Speaker Features, Price
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB10 to iPhone
References for Sony SRS XB10 Battery Level Indicator
- 2020-08-26: First published.