This post offers general Ultimate Ears speaker pairing instructions. Start with your speaker powered OFF (all dark LEDs). Then, follow these steps to pair it with most any Bluetooth source device. In this demo, we show how this pairing works on an iPad Air tablet with an Ultimate Ears Wonderboom speaker. But a like routine works for iPhones, iPods, and Android phones and tablets too. These instructions work with other Ultimate Ears speaker models as well, like the Blast, Boom, Megaboom, Megablast, and Roll series Bluetooth speakers.
Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
1. Visit the Home Screen on your Bluetooth Device
Press the Home button to get to the Home page. See our Home screen as shown next on our iPad.
2. Find the iPad Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on our tablet.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPad Air then displays the first page of its Settings screen, as shown in the next screenshot
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing
Tap the Bluetooth item, as pointed at by the dark green arrow in the last screenshot above.
Our Bluetooth Settings screen then appears as follows. Note that we switched ON our Bluetooth on this tablet. But since the Ultimate Ears speaker we’re pairing is currently OFF, it does not show in either the My Devices or Other Devices lists on the tablet yet, Why? Because we’ve never paired it with this iPad before. Plus, the speaker is not yet broadcasting its BT connection info. This looks something like as shown next.
Note in this picture that no Ultimate Ears speaker appears just yet.
5. Power Up your Ultimate Ears Speaker
Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
6. Put your Ultimate Ears Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into BT pairing mode. For that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but cool pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts rapidly flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
7. Find your Ultimate Ears Speaker on your iPad Air
See the picture next. We found ours, as circled in green.
8. Pair with your Ultimate Ears Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list, shown above.
Your iPad Air then pairs with the speaker (appears as “WONDERBOOM” in this demo).
The Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to display something like the following.
Note that the speaker now shows as paired, as circled inside the green oval in the last picture.
9. Done with Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing Instructions !
We have now successfully paired our Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker with our iPad Air iOS device. Audio output from that iPad now plays on this wireless UE speaker, which is what you want. Pairing like this works with most other Bluetooth source devices as well.
Related Posts to Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing Instructions
- Pairing JBL Flip 2 with Alexa Echo Speakers Instructions
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Buttons Guide, How to Use
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker with iPhone iPad iPod iOS
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Amazon Alexa Echo Dot
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
References for Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing Instructions.
Revisions and Changes
- 2020-06-26: First released.